Main Menu

At a loss for words on this one

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, September 15, 2019, 07:46:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

It's not something I would build, but I can appreciate that someone in the 80's chased their dream of building a car that was different.  You know you'll never see another one like it!

70 Challenger Lover

Nothing wrong with taking chances and trying to be innovative. But sometimes the people around you need to have the courage to speak up and say this idea ain't working. Let's go back to the drawing board.

6bblgt

getting rid of the '80s Buick/Diplomat header panel doesn't look like it would be a HUGE problem & it would help drastically  :wrenching:

it was on AZ Craigslist months ago & now a number of times on eBay in WI,
IIRC the car has a AZ assigned VIN number and was claimed to be an early production 440+6 car   :thinking: but rear springs are NOT 440HP or more if original
. . . . . but the "B0 255487" body number would suggest otherwise ~February '70 ("IF" that's what the bo255487 in the ad represents)

& the cowl is a little concerning in respect to it being a "collectable" Challenger R/T SE  :o ..... that does look like it's cut thru "bondo" to get to the factory numbers

70 Challenger Lover

Is that an inch of filler on top? Kinda looks like that

1320it

Was he going for the Chevy bowtie look at the front?

70 Challenger Lover

Well the headlights definitely have GM inspiration behind them.

HP2

Hmmm, doesn't appear to have a gas tank.

dave73

What was the price on craigslist awhile back? I'd buy it, change out the front, interior and have a pretty cool old school street machine

Arctoad

My My My My My... I don't even want to look at the fender tag... :(

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration