Main Menu

challenger 1970 r/t best offer(Montreal Quebec)

Started by jeffrt1970, August 10, 2018, 03:59:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jeffrt1970

challenger 1970 r/t 383 4-bbl magnum with auto a727 red but original ef8 green metallic the car is in good shape but is a driver currently let me know what you guys think and what it might be worth and i know the middle stripe is not suppose to be there its the transversal stripe that should only be there and i do have the right radiator for it just needs to be install  thx

fyi:i have the original build sheet of the car.

Culvers

750-h2

Why fake? The only thing that looks unusual to me is maybe the J54 code? Hard to believe someone would make a fake tag for a 383 auto F8 car?

Culvers

Quote from: 750-h2 on August 12, 2018, 01:59:02 PM
Why fake? The only thing that looks unusual to me is maybe the J54 code? Hard to believe someone would make a fake tag for a 383 auto F8 car?
Interesting stripe  :Stirring:

750-h2

jeffrt1970

you are correct it should be the transversal stripe but dont want to remove due to the fact that if did they're would probably be a demarcation

jeffrt1970

why would my fender tag be fake the only difference is the color that my car should be green and have the rear stripe instead of them both or the side one and what is wrong with the j54 i dont get it

1 Wild R/T

J54 isn't unusual, I've owned a couple R/T's coded J54....   The V8X could be a typo.... Hardly seems like a car someone would fake a tag for... If your changing stuff it would be coded as FE5 A31 & who knows what else....

jeffrt1970

what is the difference between v8x or v9x im a bit confused on that one i thought my car should have the black tranverse sport stripe(vinyl decal)

1 Wild R/T

The butt stripe is painted on a 70 Challenger, not a decal...

jeffrt1970

Cuda Cody

I'm not seeing anything that would make me think it's a fake tag.  The V8X was most likely a typo for V9X.  Butt Stripes were painted on Challengers. 

jeffrt1970

so would you say the the fender tag is real or no because the vin on the tag matches the vin on the build sheet

1 Wild R/T

V8- code is Coronet R/T & SuperBee
V9- code for 1970 is Sport Stripe Transverse Paint (Bumblebee)
V9- code for 1971 is Sport Stripe Longitudinal Tape

jeffrt1970

well that definitely answers my question  :ohyeah: because having the thought of my car having a fake tag was worrying me quite a bit