Main Menu

Finally looking for a project

Started by bcbassfishing, March 29, 2020, 07:57:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71vert340

I agree. These are project cars they're selling and they're asking the amount of money for what these cars cost new from the factory. Something doesn't add up.
  :haha:  So who's going to be the first to spend $25 to register. I just said it was an "interesting site to check out". Nothing else.
Terry

RUNCHARGER

Site does look interesting. Google search takes seconds to research any feedback.
Sheldon

Shoooter

What part of bc? I'm in the interior.  Might be able to help you as i know of a few projects

superdave

:huh: I've been wondering about that site as well. That purple Challenger very has been on there for at least a year. I have checked it a few times but something just doesn't seem right. :thinking:

71vert340

I did a search for reviews of that site and I found one complaint where the individual wanted his $25 back because he said all it did was direct him to other sites where the cars appeared to be for sale but it was not clear where the cars were at. So, the site is a mystery. There are still good deals once in a while. 16 years ago, I picked up one of my 74 Chargers for $900. I saw a guy had it for sale for $2000 and while I was talking to him in his yard, he told me he had to sell it by the following 5 days because he was moving out of the area. I waited until I saw them loading up the moving van and I talked to him again. He said it had to go then and he offered it to me for the $900, gave me the keys and title and I drove it home. I had $900 on me and he saw the cash and took it. This past summer, I drove past a house for sale with a 72 Challenger in the yard for sale at $15K, but maybe could have gotten it for less. I told an acquaintance about it and he snoozed and the people moved and the car was gone with the move. I have a photo of the car here. It needed work but I started it up. 318 auto car. I'll keep a look out down here for you. I see deals once in a while.

Terry

bcbassfishing

Quote from: Shoooter on March 30, 2020, 01:31:22 PM
What part of bc? I'm in the interior.  Might be able to help you as i know of a few projects

Relocated to Princeton... house sold.. new place is set up for May 1st.. my girlfriends mom even has a car trailer I can use since I don't have mine anymore.   Looks like things are coming together.

bcbassfishing

Quote from: 71vert340 on March 30, 2020, 04:51:12 PM
I did a search for reviews of that site and I found one complaint where the individual wanted his $25 back because he said all it did was direct him to other sites where the cars appeared to be for sale but it was not clear where the cars were at. So, the site is a mystery. There are still good deals once in a while. 16 years ago, I picked up one of my 74 Chargers for $900. I saw a guy had it for sale for $2000 and while I was talking to him in his yard, he told me he had to sell it by the following 5 days because he was moving out of the area. I waited until I saw them loading up the moving van and I talked to him again. He said it had to go then and he offered it to me for the $900, gave me the keys and title and I drove it home. I had $900 on me and he saw the cash and took it. This past summer, I drove past a house for sale with a 72 Challenger in the yard for sale at $15K, but maybe could have gotten it for less. I told an acquaintance about it and he snoozed and the people moved and the car was gone with the move. I have a photo of the car here. It needed work but I started it up. 318 auto car. I'll keep a look out down here for you. I see deals once in a while.
\

Deals happen and if you're willing to accept some lesser pedigree, no fender tags, build sheets, rolling chassis ect things become feasable for someone like me who knows how to kick rocks over to find parts... unfortunaly just can't find a canvas to work on at the moment.  But good time to get the feelers out there.

Terry

Crocha617

That site is BS. I bought that blue 71 barracuda convertible and put it together several years ago. I bought from a private party in Vegas.

bcbassfishing

figured as much.. thank you for updating the crew.