Main Menu

Gorgeous 1970 'Cuda in San Francisco

Started by Matt13, March 06, 2020, 07:06:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Matt13

anlauto

In my opinion, $66K is about the high end of asking prices for a 1970 383 4spd Cuda and just looking at some of the incorrect items and details under the hood, I think the seller may have to wait a long time realize that asking price. It's more in the high $40's low $50's I think.

In most cases though....buying a finished car may cost less then bringing a major project car to the same level :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Matt13

Quote from: anlauto on March 06, 2020, 07:41:58 AM

In most cases though....buying a finished car may cost less then bringing a major project car to the same level :alan2cents:
My sentiments exactly. I'm already 18K into my project including purchase price and it's not even roadworthy yet!

JS29

The 383 numbers don't look right, look to small to me. :huh:

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on March 06, 2020, 08:01:10 AM
The 383 numbers don't look right, look to small to me. :huh:

First thing I noticed too :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Who doesn't want a rad cap like that on a car that's better than anyone elses?
Sheldon

B5fourspeed

I am restoring A 383 4 speed Cuda right now.IMO this is worth between 40 and 50K like Alan said.To hit 50 or more you would need a shaker hood.The 3 speed wiper motor is not restored correctly and the brake booster looks out of place not being correct.Just my thoughts not knocking the car.The first thing I notice was that AutoZone radiator cap.

jamesroney

I think 383 Cuda's are the best.

But the numbers do look small.  Maybe it should be 384?  (that's a joke...I know you meant 440!)

It would be nice to see them start to get some more respect.  I hope he gets more than he is asking...

BS23N0E

anlauto

I'd like to find a battery like that so I could put one of those fake Group 27 covers on the top. It's hard to find a battery with a flat top  :huh:

JS29

I am with you @jamesroney  I have two 383 cars, they get no respect do they. :headbang: I have had several others, and i lost count of how meany have been in cars my family has had.   :yes:

TheGanzman

This car has been FS for ~152 years, LOL.  Owner is a nice guy, but as others have opined, it's just too much cake for what you're getting.  Now more than EVER (he says somewhat regrettably), one needs to have potential Resale Value SQUARELY in the rearview mirror before parting with ones' hard-earned or hard-stolen money.  Here's a link to the original discussion of the car from a few years back:
https://forum.e-bodies.org/whats-it-worth/15/wiw-1970-cuda-383-4-speed-non-numbers/3286/msg48281;topicseen#msg48281

JS29

I thought i saw that car before!!! After three years one would think tho owner would reduce the price, Unless the dose not realy want to sell it.   :alan2cents: