HEMI 1970 CHALLENGER

Started by chris NOS, February 20, 2024, 12:52:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

chris NOS

Does somebody knows the car ?

anlauto

Few corners cut during the restoration, but a nice looking car :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6PKRTSE

Racer57

Quote from: anlauto on February 20, 2024, 02:28:16 PMFew corners cut during the restoration, but a nice looking car :bigthumb:
What you see wrong ?

JH27N0B

Hard to see in detail because a pop up for the broker I couldn't make go away blocked a large part of the pictures.  But the lack of blackout on the radiator support is a restoration 101 level error. As is the black painted tail light panel that should be body color.  Wrong front bumper with notches that didn't appear until late in the 71 model year.  Notched fender (s), Parts store radiator cap.  Battery topper instead of repo battery. Access panel on inner fender painted body color instead of black. Parts store master cylinder. One screw on fender tag shouldn't be painted. Sticker on drivers door frame that was a 69 back item. Orange paint on door latch hardware.
I'm sure someone very knowledgeable about hemis could pick out a number of additional errors.

mopar jack

chris NOS

thank you for the feed back ,the painted door hardware and no black out paint are not a good sign for a good paint job...wonder how it's done in reality, i can see the body panels are wavy on the pictures too ...

Brads70

So for the 200K asking price one would expect it to be perfect or would it sell for more if it were perfect? Or is it priced a little too high with mentioned flaws?  :notsure:

JH27N0B

way too many unknowns to say what that car is worth.  If it is numbers matching, original or mostly original sheet metal, and has some documentation on its history it might be worth around 200K even with the restoration flaws.
I wish they'd shown a picture of the fender tag at least.

anlauto

You can tell it was a quicky paint job, the thing that caught my eye was the fact the heater box wasn't even removed before paint...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration