Main Menu

Incredible all original Pacer

Started by Matt13, April 13, 2021, 09:19:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Matt13

PLY474

That's cool!  To bad there isn't a story to go with it.  I assumed it was a 4 cyl.  I didn't know it would fit a I-6 or a V8.  We'll see what it gets at Mecum in May.  It will make a nice museum piece.  Obviously that design screams a long forgotten era.  Love that rear quarter glass.

JS29

They were called a fish-bole on wheels, back in the day.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

They all had the 258 ci inline 6 , a very few Pacer X were built with the 304 V8 , with production as low as 250 built , My friend has a very rusty Pacer X we were going to transfer all of the rare parts to a non rusty Pacer wagon but the sheet metal under hood is not the same & would require major surgery to swap . It is hard to believe they stamped unique sheet metal for only 250 cars !
They are still ugly tho , the wagon looks a little bit better , this one probably has low miles because the owners were too embarressed to actually be seen in it !
The 360 powered Gremlin X would be cool .

1 Wild R/T

Since theres a Pacer thread running I'll post this here....Anybody have a use for a Pacer hood? My neighbor has been trying to give one away for years.... It's in great shape, zero rust & it's free....

gzig5

That looks like the one my buddy in high school had.  Same color.  We called him the boy in the blue bubble...