Main Menu

Looking For My Wife's T/A

Started by floorit426, April 11, 2018, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

floorit426

Hi,

My wife purchased her FK5 T/A Challenger, right out of high school. We sold it in 1981, and I am trying to find it, as a surprise to her. As stated, it was a FK5, gator grain, auto, last known to be in Northern California. We just sold her sports car (1987 Porsche), because her clutch foot doesn't work so well, anymore. Finding this car, would be the perfect replacement. Unfortunately, I have no VIN  or California License Plate#, so any knowledge of the whereabouts of any similar car, on the west coast, would be appreciated. Hopefully, this car is still around!

Thanks,
Bill

fc7cuda

Hi Bill,

Try posting on several forums and Facebook.  Good luck on your search.  :fingerscrossed:

anlauto

That would be cool if you could find it....There can't be too many Gator Grain T/A's
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

pyro273

Yep, good luck!  I've been looking for my 1970 Challenger from high school (1983) for years with the same circumstances; no VIN, no tag info.  If you are successful, please let the forum know how you did it as I am about out of ideas. I will pay big money for that car...stupid I know but I still kick myself every for selling it.... :takemymoney:

blown motor

Good luck with your search. I really hope you find it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

Too bad you don't have paperwork with the vin such as an old insurance card .
Good luck  :cooldance:

JH27N0B

I thought I lost my T/A from back in high school, but I just found it hiding under a car cover out in my garage.  :drunk:
I've never heard of a FK5 gator grain T/A.  I've seen a couple Chargers with that combo.  You might try emailing the Hamtramnk registry and see if Barry knows of any.  If one is known to exist, I bet it's your wife's old car!

RUNCHARGER

Yes: There won't be many like that.
Sheldon

6bblgt

what interior?

I have some info on 47 FK5 Challenger T/As none with V1G (2 automatics without roof/top info)

JH23J0B304172 * FK5 automatic * went thru Barrett-Jackson in '97
&
JH23J0B292850 * FK5 automatic w/burnt orange vinyl buckets * was in CA at one time
Hamtramck-Historical (Barry Washington) has some prior club/show/owner documentation from it
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/foundByYearPlant70.shtml

JH27N0B

There is that....
Probably wouldn't give out the owners name if it is registered.  But might share if at least such a car exists that he knows of. :dunno:

ply64post

anlauto

Quote from: ply64post on April 12, 2018, 05:17:14 AM
This is the only color close to FK5 that I have in my listing.

http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/finders-keepers-steve-moores-1970-challenger-ta-gator-top/

That's the exact one I was thinking of when I read this thread.....couldn't remember the colour though.... :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

floorit426

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 11, 2018, 10:56:28 PM
what interior?

I have some info on 47 FK5 Challenger T/As none with V1G (2 automatics without roof/top info)

JH23J0B304172 * FK5 automatic * went thru Barrett-Jackson in '97
&
JH23J0B292850 * FK5 automatic w/burnt orange vinyl buckets * was in CA at one time
Hamtramck-Historical (Barry Washington) has some prior club/show/owner documentation from it
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/foundByYearPlant70.shtml

It had a burnt orange interior, bucket seats, with a console. The top had some cracks in it, so it very well could have been removed by the subsequent owner(s). Most of the other defining things it had, but were probably removed, were aircraft landing lights in place of the high beams, a strange box on the driver's side dash that was a shift indicator, headers (no side exhaust), a manual shift valve body., and, of course, an aftermarket 8 track. The car had taken a hard hit, sometime in it's life, on the passenger side, but was repaired.

MoparDave

Anything is possible and Good luck on your search. there have been a few members here that have located their lost TA or AAR and have found them.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

cbuczesk

Quote from: anlauto on April 12, 2018, 05:11:15 AM
....yea but it will cost you a donation... :bigmoney: :haha: :haha:

You can pay him all you want but he won't give up someone's personal information. He doesn't make money with his registries. In fact he loses money. Barry would probably pass on this guy's email address to the current owner and leave it up to him to make contact.

Chuck