Main Menu

Nice looking AAR Mecum, auctions

Started by Brads70, June 30, 2020, 04:02:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

EV2RTSE

Probably my favorite e-body of all time, a black AAR 4 speed.  :wowzers: I had the opportunity to buy one, as a project, for $8500 years ago. Another of the "ones that got away".

kdcarman

Great looking car.  Anyone know the history on it?

anlauto

Quote from: kdcarman on June 30, 2020, 04:36:57 PM

I see a flight (business trip) to Indy in your future....stay calm, sober and take Tom with you.....and don't tell the wife... :alan2cents:

and bring it home !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Apologies in advance to Toms wife?  :notsure: :D

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on June 30, 2020, 05:04:28 PM

I see a flight (business trip) to Indy in your future....stay calm, sober and take Tom with you.....and don't tell the wife... :alan2cents:

and bring it home !

It is tempting.  Wonder what this goes for?

gaddied

Oh my God.
My older brother had one just like that one back in 1972 . Same in every detail . He sold it to a guy in 1973 and he totaled it by hitting a bridge .
It's been gone for a long time . I wish I knew what number it was out of the 14.

anlauto

Quote from: kdcarman on June 30, 2020, 06:16:24 PM
Quote from: anlauto on June 30, 2020, 05:04:28 PM

and bring it home !

It is tempting.  Wonder what this goes for?

Less then what you could buy one for, and restore it....my guess would be $100K-$120K depends on who is in the market for one....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JH27N0B

People pay a silly crazy premium for black.  I've seen black AARs and T/As sell for around double what a more common color like yellow or red would bring.  If this car is honest and well documented I'd guess $150-175K.
With the market questionable right now with all that's been happening, I wonder how cars are selling.  Last year would have been 150-175K is maybe a better way to estimate value.  :rubeyes:

Brads70

I have to admit "IF" I had the funds this one would be a distinct possibility.  Drool!!

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

blown motor

Nice car but it needs a red stripe.  :haha:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

318Stroker

Quote from: gaddied on June 30, 2020, 06:53:48 PM
Oh my God.
My older brother had one just like that one back in 1972 . Same in every detail . He sold it to a guy in 1973 and he totaled it by hitting a bridge .
It's been gone for a long time . I wish I knew what number it was out of the 14.

Good chance it's not one of the 14. Those 14 are only the cars in Galen's registry.

MOPAR MITCH

Beautiful in black, but in my opinion, its lacking critical items to be a top dollar sale sale:

1.  Non-rally dash (no tachometer, etc)... would be nice to have the Rally dash option.
2.  Only driver's door side mirror... would be nice to have the passenger door mirror option.
3.  Steering box is manual ... terribly slow and non-enthused to drive... should absolutely have the T/A Fast Ratio Power steering option (exclusive for T/As and AARs).
4.  F60 front tires... supposed to be E60
5.  AM radio... would be nice to have the AM/FM stereo radio option
6.  Wiper motor is 2-speed... would be nice to have the 3-speed option

Ultimately, this was a stripped down AAR... low sticker price.. missing important and desirable options for the model.

It'll be interesting to see what the sale price is... and then the new owner will realize he's missing desirable options for the car.

anlauto

Beggars can't be choosers not a lot of TX9 AARs to choose from... :alan2cents:

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on July 01, 2020, 01:16:24 PM
Beggars can't be choosers not a lot of TX9 AARs to choose from... :alan2cents:

TX9, 4 speed AAR trumps any missing options.