Main Menu

“Rarest” Challenger ever...and sale priced at Only 150K!

Started by Matt13, April 19, 2021, 08:25:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

Cudajason

Quote from: anlauto on April 21, 2021, 08:07:40 AM
That's a little pet peeve of mine....when someone has a rare car for whatever reason, and they make all these 1 of 1 claims about the car etc... etc... but when it comes time for the restoration they take liberties to make it their own or try to improve on the car...sure adding a floor shift and console looks way better, but all it does for me is take away from the uniqueness of the car overall   :alan2cents:

I was just reading in the latest issue of Mopar Collectors Guide about a RARE "Dude" pick-up trunk wearing FJ5 paint...the whole story was about how rare and hard it is to find and restore these trucks....here I'm thinking...yea, especially in FJ5 .....only to read that it was originally white and the guy changed the colour.... :looney: he might as well just slap stripes on a regular truck... :headbang: :headbang:

I agree.

Look I am a not a numbers guy at all, but if your car is a 1 of 1, and the rarest of all challengers, why in the hell would you change it.  It is no longer a 1 of 1, it is just a car you modified to be what you wanted. 

:alan2cents:
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

RzeroB

Quote from: E74cuda on April 20, 2021, 08:05:46 AM
A buddy of mine owned it when it still had the column shifter

Column shifter? To this day it still surprises me just how many of these cars came equipped that way ...
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

70 Top Banana

Agree with the comments. At 150K the description should be honest and include what has been changed on the car. Beautiful car and I like it.

BTW I had a used car dealer, who sold a lot of muscle cars, one time tell me "I use 1 of 1 alot even if I really can't tell". I said how can you do that, if you don't know, that is deceptive. Get this, he said " they all have a serial number different than any other, they are all the only one built, and 1 of 1."  I walked away, quickly.

BTW, that guy is in business today and he sells a lot of muscle cars.

B5fourspeed

I guess when you change things it does become 1 of 1.150k for an auto trans I don't think so.