Main Menu

Restored Warlock hemicuda on BaT

Started by redzed, September 30, 2023, 09:19:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

redzed

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-plymouth-cuda-47/

Restored by @CudaCody, I believe, a few years ago, mentioned in @RZeroB random Hemi of the week thread.
Was interested in what the restoration motor did on the dyno with 9.2:1 CR and the Mr Six Pack cam...didn't hear back from the seller.

Rdchallenger

Quote from: redzed on September 30, 2023, 09:19:27 AM
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-plymouth-cuda-47/

Restored by @CudaCody, I believe, a few years ago, mentioned in @RZeroB random Hemi of the week thread.
Was interested in what the restoration motor did on the dyno with 9.2:1 CR and the Mr Six Pack cam...didn't hear back from the seller.

Ah, you were the one asking that question on the comments of that same. I was watching it earlier hoping the seller would reply.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

redzed

Ah, you were the one asking that question on the comments of that same. I was watching it earlier hoping the seller would reply.
[/quote]

yes, that was me. I came close to getting it. Was a little surprised after it closed to find there wasn't a third bidder at that price. Wonder how high the winner would have gone had I persisted, or if I could have had it for $180. Around that price, I'd probably be reluctant to drive it, and I do love to drive my cars. :driving:

JH27N0B

Quote from: anlauto on September 30, 2023, 06:12:05 PM
I was thinking pick-up truck :drunk:
So was I.  :haha:
I was wondering why someone was posting a truck auction here, and actually a little disappointed to see a cuda. I've seen lots and lots of hemi cudas over the decades I've been in the hobby, but not very many Warlock trucks!
Selling price seems about right for a nom auto hemi cuda. 
Some on other sites are crying the usual river that it shouldn't have been restored to stock, cooler as a vintage drag car.
Well maybe, but truth be known a vintage race car would be a royal pain for 98% of us to own.  You can't do much with it except trailer it to a few shows or the big $$ of vintage racing. Even firing it up to enjoy the sound, or drive onto your trailer would piss off your whole neighborhood unless you live in the boonies.
So if you think vintage race cars are cool, buy one and you deal with it instead of whining about people who restore them back to stock and can actually license them and drive them on public roads.
I'm guessing they never would, far easier to bitch online than deal with the care and feeding of a race car.  :alan2cents:

redzed

Quote from: JH27N0B on October 01, 2023, 01:05:47 PM
Quote from: anlauto on September 30, 2023, 06:12:05 PM
I was thinking pick-up truck :drunk:
So was I.  :haha:
I was wondering why someone was posting a truck auction here, and actually a little disappointed to see a cuda. I've seen lots and lots of hemi cudas over the decades I've been in the hobby, but not very many Warlock trucks!
Selling price seems about right for a nom auto hemi cuda. 
Some on other sites are crying the usual river that it shouldn't have been restored to stock, cooler as a vintage drag car.
Well maybe, but truth be known a vintage race car would be a royal pain for 98% of us to own.  You can't do much with it except trailer it to a few shows or the big $$ of vintage racing. Even firing it up to enjoy the sound, or drive onto your trailer would piss off your whole neighborhood unless you live in the boonies.
So if you think vintage race cars are cool, buy one and you deal with it instead of whining about people who restore them back to stock and can actually license them and drive them on public roads.
I'm guessing they never would, far easier to bitch online than deal with the care and feeding of a race car.  :alan2cents:

Ha! don't want anybody disappointed. I edited the thread title.
Agree.
I'd say a Ramcharger, Sox & Martin or Dick Landy stocker or superstocker or A/FX belongs restored that way and at the vintage drags, otherwise I love to have 'em on the street or maybe an occasional 1/4 mile run.
From the perspective of the restorers, perhaps @CudaCody could chime in. It would have been far cheaper and easier for them to restore it to functional SS/DA than to factory original. They spent an enormous amount of time and $ on the restoration, but what they did was spectacular and I'm sure gratifying workmanship wise, if not financially. It did get a $230k bid at Mecum 2018, not sold tho.

Cuda Cody

I have not read the full BAT listing yet, but can tell you that I did not do the restoration.  I know who did the restoration and the car is very nice.

redzed

Cody, thanks for answering. I found your old thread about the restoration:
https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/the-1970-hemi-cuda-warlock-restoration-is-finished/6306/30

Still interested in learning about the restoration motor and what it dyno'd with the 9.2 CR and the Engle MR6PK-3 cam, if it was, and if it was setup for pump gas. If you have a chance, could you ask?

Gary

scf100

Wasn't this car on BAT in the last year?
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black