Main Menu

Strange R/T SE

Started by Chryco Psycho, March 27, 2019, 04:44:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

superdave

:unbelievable: Yes, that is a strange SE for sure. I always thought they should have done billboards on Challengers...now I'm not so sure. :thinking: It would be nice to see the fender tag.

750-h2

I would like to see how he mounted the roof console if he didn't use the SE cardboard headliner? If he did use the cardboard headliner and sail panels how is it finished around the back glass?:thinking:

73chalngr

Does not appear to have small rear window ?

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

First of all.......I don't think it is an SE..........second.......the billboards look ok, but look at it for a while and they look better.....Still a reminder of Cudas......Lillington is a little over an hour from me.  Haven't ever visited their store, but it may be a good trip to take.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

TelisSE440

This is a photo from the source site

TelisSE440

Looks a lot like my car in this regard.... The vinyl roof is stripped along with the SE rear window plug and interior moldings. Still the chrome external moldings are in place, look at the top of doors...

TelisSE440

The same with the chrome molding on the top of the front fenders...

RUNCHARGER

Yeah: But no billboards on yours I bet.
Sheldon

TelisSE440

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 27, 2019, 07:19:59 AM
Yeah: But no billboards on yours I bet.

:haha: You're right.... As time passes by, the more i think that the exterior designers knew exactly what they were doing.

The Challenger has the hip line, so the mid body stripe or non at all was pretty enough. Cuda was more curved on the sides, so the billboard is a prettier choice imho....

anlauto

All that belt line trim on the doors and hood etc...was available as an extra cost option on any model :alan2cents: ...at least it was in 1971, because I've restored a couple of RT's that had it. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Auto with a Dana too which was also available

anlauto

Did I miss the part where they showed the VIN ? How do we know it's an RT/SE ? or even an RT for that matter ? :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

scf100

maybe at some point back window as broken so they removed the plug and put a regular window in?.....who knows on a 50 year old car...

my old 1970 RT/SE had been un SE'd except for rear window and belt moldings........no overhead console...no vinyl top....
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black