Main Menu

Sunroof 70 Challenger for sale JH N code car

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, February 23, 2019, 06:49:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Very interesting car. Is the price about right?

aussiemark

Price seems fair for a non R/T sunroof car according to the sunroof registry there were 110 JH's, 82 R/T and 4 T/A sunroof cars made in 1970 so it's a rare car.

Cuda Cody

Alan is the sun roof king.  He's put more than a couple of these back on the road and might know the prices as good as anyone.  $28k seems like a lot to me, but I do not know sun roofs that well.

70 Challenger Lover

Its rough. It would need to be a straight rust free car and hopefully have its original engine

aussiemark

Sunroof was the second most expensive option second to the 426 engine and they usually have other cool options in them. Looking at the photos it doesn't look too bad but you'd have to inspect it to confirm, is the original engine still in it?. A 1 of 110 is rare and half of them are probably gone so it's probably a 1 of 55 now days.

6bblgt

it should be in much better shape for $28K  :alan2cents: (I had "almost $30K is too much" when I typed that)  wonder why no pics of the sunroof ??

aussiemark

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: I bet it would cost a lot just to restore the sunroof portion. Sometimes it just isn't worth the trouble of restoring a rare option. I won't buy another SE Challenger project for example.
Sheldon

aussiemark

A lot of the parts are available if you know where to look for example Bosch did a new production run of the switch for the sunroof it is the same switch used in BMW power windows of the early 70's I fitted one to my car to replace the cheap one that was fitted and it clipped right in and looks great with the chrome surround and black switch just like new. There is a place over here making these

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GOLDE-416631-416632-ASC-SUNROOF-SLIDERS-CABLE-ASSEMBLIES-AUSTRALIAN-MADE/400745184241?hash=item5d4e463bf1:g:nqYAAOSwQItTzSiv:rk:6:pf:0
and you can find the seals and cables the sunroofs were fitted to a lot of different cars world wide so parts aren't that hard to find they a certainly not Mopar exclusive parts. I bought the same parts as the ebay link for $200 when they first came out and I found some repop seals that are identical to the originals for about $100 and the switches are abut $30 so parts are cheap.

autoxcuda

I've seen it in person. It's rough.

Sunroof doesn't sit in right. Got a hodgepodge if parts tossed on it.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

autoxcuda

More

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

aussiemark

That car is very rough you guys were right it is not worth the asking price.

70 Challenger Lover

Hard to tell from the lighting but is the roof skin all dented up? Can't image what a chore it would be to put on a new roof skin on a sunroof car.

RUNCHARGER

$2800 seems fair. You get to search for A/C parts as well.
Sheldon