Main Menu

Triple black cuda convertible at Mecum

Started by JH27N0B, January 07, 2024, 02:27:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

This hemi cuda selling for $148K was cheap too.  It was no reserve. I wouldn't be surprised if Mecum bought it and you'll see it listed again at one of their auctions later in the year.
https://www.mecum.com/lots/1104355/1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda/?aa_id=547190-0

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: I figured I was out of the Factory Hemi car game but maybe I'll reconsider. I would have been a bidder on that car. F8 doesn't bother me at all on a Cuda. The most annoying feature on that one is the trusty old cyclops dash.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

One owner for many decades. No reserve.  I wonder if his estate was selling it?
Not that Mecum would have short hammered it and will sell it for more at another auction.

worthywads

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 08, 2024, 07:24:35 PM
Quote from: anlauto on January 08, 2024, 07:02:33 PMBe like driving a frying pan  :o
I'll say. On a sunny day, guaranteed 3rd degree burns!

Yes, black is not desireable with the top down.

I love my white interior.

mccannix

I never saw so many automatic on the column muscle Mopars go through an auction.
The blue/blue 71 Cuda convertible appeared to have been bought by Jake and Sandy of the Finer Details

anlauto

Quote from: mccannix on January 12, 2024, 07:15:26 PMI never saw so many automatic on the column muscle Mopars go through an auction.
The blue/blue 71 Cuda convertible appeared to have been bought by Jake and Sandy of the Finer Details

They got a hell of a deal on it !!!
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Gatorslayer

I'm still amazed that this 383 Cuda went for over $200k considering its not a factory 4-speed or Shaker. However, I think it makes my '71 Barracuda convertible with a 383 with factory 4 speed (1 of 10) that is matching #s with a broadcast sheet that much more valuable. It looks exactly the same as I painted it black rather than factory green, except I kept the rally hood instead of adding a Shaker. Thoughts?

JH27N0B

A lot of strange and sometimes shady things happen at major auctions, so take what you see going on at auctions with a grain of salt when trying to gage a fair market value of your car or a car you're considering buying.

Gatorslayer

Yep. Lived it firsthand. BJ screwed me on an 1970 RT/SE Challenger V code I sold. They refused to let me put a reserve on it, then kept moving it, hiding it, not being able to find the keys and making it impossible for anyone interested to actually see it so I got screwed on the sale. I am absolutely convinced they had a back room deal to sell it to a certain someone (or themselves) at a dirt cheap price by not allowing "true" buyers to view it pre-auction

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I'd give a car to a homeless person rather than put it to auction. It's unfortunately how things work these days though unless you "know people", which is where the good cars are it seems.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

E74cuda

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 12, 2024, 01:30:42 PMThis hemi cuda selling for $148K was cheap too.  It was no reserve. I wouldn't be surprised if Mecum bought it and you'll see it listed again at one of their auctions later in the year.
https://www.mecum.com/lots/1104355/1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda/?aa_id=547190-0

Someone that I know was trying to work out a deal on this cuda. I believe he was willing to pay a little more than the seller ended up with. As usual in a situation like this the seller probably thought he would have gotten a lot more.

anlauto

Quote from: Gatorslayer on January 13, 2024, 07:16:04 PMI'm still amazed that this 383 Cuda went for over $200k considering its not a factory 4-speed or Shaker. However, I think it makes my '71 Barracuda convertible with a 383 with factory 4 speed (1 of 10) that is matching #s with a broadcast sheet that much more valuable. It looks exactly the same as I painted it black rather than factory green, except I kept the rally hood instead of adding a Shaker. Thoughts?

Even though it's rarer I think BH vs BS will still make a big difference in value....Personally, the two b5 examples sold this weekend were extremely good deals for the buyer, they should have easily been over $200K in my opinion.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration