Main Menu

U.S Marshal's Skipco Auction 1971 440+6, 4 spd Cuda

Started by 76orangewagon, September 29, 2020, 12:55:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: Dr V on October 03, 2020, 04:49:36 PM
Quote from: anlauto on October 03, 2020, 04:21:38 PM
Did you get the broadcast sheet(s) that Rick mentioned were with the car when he sold it ?

Alan, there was no paperwork with the car today. They are missing in action. Not even a copy was with the car today.

Ahhh....that's a shame, but at least you know copies exist....and maybe one day  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Matt M

Hey Dr V
I don't know you but Congrats on the buy.
Pretty cool you found out about the car and immediately busted a move on it.

Those Who Dare Win

When a good car pops up you need to be ready to make a move. I know personally I have missed out on a few good cars because I hesitated or didn't just hop in the car or plane and go get it.
Kind of funny, on the last one my wife even chastised me. " Listen man you can't be messing around if you find another good car, just buy the damn thing. We will figure the details out later".......LOL

Enjoy the car and keep us posted.

Matt

Dr V

Quote from: Matt M on October 03, 2020, 05:45:29 PM
Hey Dr V
I don't know you but Congrats on the buy.
Pretty cool you found out about the car and immediately busted a move on it.

Those Who Dare Win

When a good car pops up you need to be ready to make a move. I know personally I have missed out on a few good cars because I hesitated or didn't just hop in the car or plane and go get it.
Kind of funny, on the last one my wife even chastised me. " Listen man you can't be messing around if you find another good car, just buy the damn thing. We will figure the details out later".......LOL

Enjoy the car and keep us posted.

Matt

Thanks Matt I appreciate the great words. My wife is the exact same, she knows what a good deal is and what isn't anymore. She usually gets surprised though when the car Carrier just shows up in the driveway with it. Lol. I told JEJJ the same thing 2 days ago. If I don't go to the auction and the damn thing sells for 55K I will be sick to my stomach. It all worked out just fine.

GrandpaKevin

If you don't mind me asking how did you pay for the vehicle and take it home today?

They don't take cash or personal checks.

Dr V

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on October 03, 2020, 06:14:14 PM
If you don't mind me asking how did you pay for the vehicle and take it home today?

No harm in asking whatsoever. I took a bank check with me today in the amount that I was willing to spend. It was well over what I paid for the car. They are sending me a refund in 5 business days. It was the only way the car could get released right after they hammered it.  By the end of the morning, they were quite easy to deal with. They just made it seem difficult a couple of days ago.

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: Dr V on October 03, 2020, 06:37:11 PM
Quote from: GrandpaKevin on October 03, 2020, 06:14:14 PM

No harm in asking whatsoever. I took a bank check with me today in the amount that I was willing to spend. It was well over what I paid for the car. They are sending me a refund in 5 business days. It was the only way the car could get released right after they hammered it.  By the end of the morning, they were quite easy to deal with. They just made it seem difficult a couple of days ago.

Thanks for the info.
When I looked at the cars in person they told me I could bid on the cars on the internet and pay for them on Mon or Tues but I didn't want to leave them sit there. I was surprised they were sitting outside as most high dollar Marshal cars at Skipco have to be stored inside.

So you were able to get the 'Cuda running?
Enjoy the great car.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Dr V

Yes it was running well enough to atleast get on the trailer.  I drained the tank last night.   The fuel looked like coffee.   I will have her running this week.

Beep Beep Dave

The is a great score Dr V. You got to figure you got it for at least $20-$40k under market value....plus it is a pretty good story to tell how you bought it. Hopefully you can locate the original broadcast sheets. At the very least you know that Rick Simpson has a copy of copies of the originals for you.

What a cool car, I can't wait to see some more pictures of it.

Best of luck with it!

Dave

anlauto

I would guess Eric picked it up for less then the previous owner paid for the restoration alone....Great deal... :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SIXTOGO

Wow Dr V - looks like it went to a great home, it looks a lot happier already.  Congrats!

RUNCHARGER

You got that right. I just hate seeing them sit and deteriorate the way these 2 have been.
Sheldon

Dr V

She is stripped down already for a little TLC and refreshing..

mccannix

Dr V

Thank you Terry.   Its definitely one of my better pickups.  EV