Main Menu

U.S Marshal's Skipco Auction 1971 440+6, 4 spd Cuda

Started by 76orangewagon, September 29, 2020, 12:55:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JEJJ

My friend just bought that car and sent me a boatload of pictures....that car all cleaned up on his lift, etc....NICE ORIGINAL CAR!!!!!....not survivor original, it was restored years ago, but still looks great!!!......I will let him talk about it if he wants, he knows about both this thread and the one on Moparts.com as well.

anlauto

Yea, I love how people love to make "internet claims" with very little knowledge of what they are talking about..

I'm even more surprised @JEJJ that you have a "friend"  :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JEJJ

"I'm even more surprised @JEJJ that you have a "friend"  ".....Ironic you made that comment Alan  :pokeeye:

anlauto

Quote from: JEJJ on October 03, 2020, 01:42:00 PM
"I'm even more surprised @JEJJ that you have a "friend"  ".....Ironic you made that comment Alan  :pokeeye:

You're the only friend I have... :inlove:

Your friend got a great deal on a beautiful car  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Dr V

I will clear some things up about the mystery Cuda purchase  and Jim's one and only friend. Yes I am his only friend, in Pennsylvania that is. He put me on to the car about 3 days ago. My 15 yo son and I took an empty trailer to the auction this morning. I had to see it in person and check all of the numbers before throwing cash around.   Mainly because I'm not a buyer of questionable cars, only stuff with good history and no stories. Jim has been there when I have bought a number of them.  He's a bit of a bad influence Alan. Anyway, It's been sitting for a number of years since the drug seizure but it is in beautiful condition.  A few minor things that need fixed, we will tinker with it over the Winter for sure..fire away with the questions..

SIXTOGO

I just figured out that the Cuda sold today for $79,500.00
Seems a little high but maybe not?

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: Dr V on October 03, 2020, 02:12:49 PM
I will clear some things up about the mystery Cuda purchase  and Jim's one and only friend. Yes I am his only friend, in Pennsylvania that is. He put me on to the car about 3 days ago. My 15 yo son and I took an empty trailer to the auction this morning. I had to see it in person and check all of the numbers before throwing cash around.   Mainly because I'm not a buyer of questionable cars, only stuff with good history and no stories. Jim has been there when I have bought a number of them.  He's a bit of a bad influence Alan. Anyway, It's been sitting for a number of years since the drug seizure but it is in beautiful condition.  A few minor things that need fixed, we will tinker with it over the Winter for sure..fire away with the questions..

I was one of the internet bidders. I noticed some pictures were added on Skipco's website including a couple blurry pics of the block stamping.  I couldn't make them out, does the block stamping match the VIN?

anlauto

I'm happy to call Jim my friend as well, he's one of the good guys.....looks like you got yourself one heck of a great deal today, you're very lucky. I love the car but hate the fact that everybody seems to think these cars need Shakers to be cool... :headbang:

Congratulations on your purchase  :bigthumb:

Dr V

Quote from: anlauto on October 03, 2020, 02:51:28 PM
I'm happy to call Jim my friend as well, he's one of the good guys.....looks like you got yourself one heck of a great deal today, you're very lucky. I love the car but hate the fact that everybody seems to think these cars need Shakers to be cool... :headbang:

Congratulations on your purchase  :bigthumb:
Thanks Alan I appreciate it , definitely a lot of car there.  Super cool 

Dr V

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on October 03, 2020, 02:37:18 PM
Quote from: Dr V on October 03, 2020, 02:12:49 PM

I was one of the internet bidders. I noticed some pictures were added on Skipco's website including a couple blurry pics of the block stamping.  I couldn't make them out, does the block stamping match the VIN?

Yes the motor matches the Vin as well as the radiator shroud and the cowl. The transmission does not match. I believe it was an automatic back in the day when it was found. I think Rick had something to do with it that that time..

6bblgt

Dr V

Yep tobacco fraud years ago.  I just got the entire story.

anlauto

Did you get the broadcast sheet(s) that Rick mentioned were with the car when he sold it ?

Dr V

Quote from: anlauto on October 03, 2020, 04:21:38 PM
Did you get the broadcast sheet(s) that Rick mentioned were with the car when he sold it ?

Alan, there was no paperwork with the car today. They are missing in action. Not even a copy was with the car today.