Main Menu

U.S Marshal's Skipco Auction 1971 440+6, 4 spd Cuda

Started by 76orangewagon, September 29, 2020, 12:55:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

Not that I'm aware of.

I don't understand why the cars are sitting out, usually the high end Marshal cars are inside....

RUNCHARGER

The Challenger may go for a fair price but with restoration costs the new owner will still end up upside down. I bet the Cuda will go for a bit less than restored. With the internet these auctions are seen by everyone and the 71 Cuda foamers will be out in force.
Sheldon

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 01, 2020, 08:15:09 AM
The Challenger may go for a fair price but with restoration costs the new owner will still end up upside down. I bet the Cuda will go for a bit less than restored. With the internet these auctions are seen by everyone and the 71 Cuda foamers will be out in force.

:iagree: So what's the 'Cuda worth restored?

anlauto

In my opinion, judging by the pictures and not knowing how these auctions work....

I would guess or hope that the Challenger will fetch in the $45K-$55K range and the Cuda will likely surpass $100K if more than one person wants it....anything under $100K would be considered a bargain.

Thinking the Cuda would be the $45K range would be considered a dream come true :veryexcited:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GrandpaKevin

Wouldn't be the first high dollar car sold at Skipco this year.

Selling prices on these did have us scratching our heads

https://www.wfmj.com/story/42440849/movie-replica-cars-of-former-braking-point-owner-sold-at-auction

mopartaz

Don't know if its worth my while to register to bid even. I talked to Skipco, most of these are bank owned repos so if you bid you might not know till Monday if the bank accepts your offer or not.

Dr V

Quote from: mopartaz on October 01, 2020, 10:51:19 AM
Don't know if its worth my while to register to bid even. I talked to Skipco, most of these are bank owned repos so if you bid you might not know till Monday if the bank accepts your offer or not.

They told me the same thing this morning.    Doesnt sound like its going to be a well run auction for these cars.   They think that both cars are restored showroom pieces.   They definitely arent that caliber of car, instead they are sitting out in the weather and rain..

mopartaz

The last auction place I registered at wanted all my financial info including a blood sample (lol) . These guys just want a photo i.d.?
What... are they gonna send over big Louie to collect?

Dr V

They only accept 1 form of payment, Bank cashiers check.  Hard to bring a pre written check when you dont know what youre spending. ::)

mopartaz

I thought they would accept a wire transfer as well. :dunno:

Dr V

anlauto

If it truly is that difficult to place a bid, or if you have to be there in person with a briefcase of cash....then that will for sure hold back the price.
There would be a lot of potential buyers worldwide, but not if they can't bid :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mopartaz

From their website:

Sale terms: $200.00 cash down at the time of bid. Two working days to complete transaction by cashier or certified check with full purchase price. Failure to complete this transaction within two working days will result in forteiture of the $200.00 and all future buying rights.

Plan How You're Going to Make Payment
Skipco Requires a $200 cash deposit for all regular public bidders immediately after you win the bid on a unit whether it is "Pending Approval" or "Sold". (Bring $200 Cash if you plan on bidding on a unit or $200 Cash for each unit if you plan on bidding on more than one!)
Buyers fees are tiered. To view current fees, come in and have them printed with your registration.
Additional $35 buyer's fee for online purchases on simulcast.
No Buyers fee for US Marshal's cars purchased.
The remaining balance is due within 2 business days in the form of a Cashier's Check or Money Order. We do NOT accept cash for the final payment.
ALL vehicles "SOLD" on the block and not paid for by 6:00pm on Tuesday will automatically be charged a $25 late fee and purchasers are subject to default of sale and loss of bidding rights. Vehicles purchased "ON APPROVAL" will be given 48 hours from time of approval to complete payment, after that time a late fee equal to your buy fee will be imposed and purchasers are subject to default and loss on bidding rights. THIS POLICY APPLIES TO ALL PURCHASERS.
Skipco does not offer financing, it is your responsibility to get pre-approval before you bid on a vehicle. Skipco does work with several financial institutions, lists are available on location.

If paid for on Saturday, the keys will be given to you at that time and you are free to take the unit.
The title will be then mailed to you, or can be held at the window to be picked up.
You have the option of paying within two full business days after the auction.

Dr V

Quote from: anlauto on October 01, 2020, 01:25:56 PM
If it truly is that difficult to place a bid, or if you have to be there in person with a briefcase of cash....then that will for sure hold back the price.
There would be a lot of potential buyers worldwide, but not if they can't bid :alan2cents:

Oh that's another thing I asked about. They only take cash in 5000 or less. So you can't even show up with a briefcase full.   And both of the cars have a reserve. 

RUNCHARGER

Banks are not your friend. I wonder if these have been "auctioned" before with poor results due to this silly policy.
Sheldon