Main Menu

‘70 Vanishing Point Challenger

Started by 303 Mopar, November 28, 2018, 06:43:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

1Burgfish

:wrenching: I believe I read sometime back in a Mopar magazine that Steve from Stephens Performance owns one of the original movie cars. :thinking:

erik70rt

Quote from: 1Burgfish on November 29, 2018, 07:15:15 AM
:wrenching: I believe I read sometime back in a Mopar magazine that Steve from Stephens Performance owns one of the original movie cars. :thinking:

He owns cars fro the remake, not the original.  As far as I know, nobody knows what happened to the originals after they were returned to Chrysler. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

pyro273

Thought this car looked familiar...a thread on forebodiesonly has it as a pilot car from the LA plant.  Gotta hand it to the seller for ingenuity...

Pyro

70/6chall

Your right DFRAZZ, any claims to Vanishing Point movie car was clarified as a "How would you like to own a car that looks like a Vanishing Point movie car" that is in the body of the ad. I think it's the $17,000. price tag that has me scratching my head. I believe it has an LA SPD of 9-1969 so a pilot car as offered on E body's only, not quite early enough.  Thanks,   Al

Brads70

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 28, 2018, 12:59:02 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 28, 2018, 07:11:27 AM
Unbelievably clean trunk floor :rubeyes: :)

I hadn't looked at the ad, saw your comment & thought to myself how thats not that uncommon on California cars.... Then I looked at the ad.... What a mess...

It has a cool beaten look but when you look closer it's more like beaten to death....  Only reason it's still running is \6's are hard to kill.....

Rode hard and put away wet as they say....  :)

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on November 29, 2018, 02:30:05 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 28, 2018, 12:59:02 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 28, 2018, 07:11:27 AM
Unbelievably clean trunk floor :rubeyes: :)

I hadn't looked at the ad, saw your comment & thought to myself how thats not that uncommon on California cars.... Then I looked at the ad.... What a mess...

It has a cool beaten look but when you look closer it's more like beaten to death....  Only reason it's still running is \6's are hard to kill.....

Rode hard and put away wet as they say....  :)

Or another version well suited to perusing used car lots... "I'm looking for the used cars... Not the used up cars"  :rofl:

blown motor

There was a car in similar condition at Moparfest the last two years. I talked to the owner. I know a lot of you guys like your perfect cars but this guy was just having fun driving it the way it was. I thought it was cool that he was enjoying it and didn't care how it looked. If this car was near me I might do the same thing. But not for 17K!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel