Main Menu

'70 Cuda Convertible 6.1 Hemi - BAT

Started by 303 Mopar, August 22, 2019, 08:06:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Beautiful '70 Convertible Cuda for sale on BAT - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-plymouth-barracuda-18/

This 1970 Plymouth Barracuda has been refinished in Viper Bright Blue and is powered by a 6.1-liter Hemi V8 paired with a five-speed TKO manual transmission and a Dana 60 rear axle with a limited-slip differential. The car is equipped with a white soft top over a black and white interior, and additional modifications include a functional shaker hood, replica 17″ Rallye wheels, rack and pinion steering, Wilwood disc brakes, QA1 coilovers, long-tube headers feeding MagnaFlow mufflers, a Classic Auto Air air conditioning system, a Hurst pistol-grip shifter, and more. This Barracuda is offered by the selling dealer with a fender tag report, a binder of records from the refurbishment, and a clean New Jersey title.

Crocha617

I dragged that one out of a lean to in the woods down in Maryland several years ago. A good friend of mine built it, drove it, and sold it a couple years later. It was a green, gran coupe with a 4 speed and rallye gauges originally.

ClarkWGrizwald

anyone know what rear end suspension conversion that is?

6pack

I like it except the wheels are to big for my taste and not a fan of white gauges.  With the big brakes you probably can't just put 15 inch wheels back on there easy.  I would buy it though. Nice restomod.

ibjamin

Been lurking quite a while.

That cuda was for sale on Craigslist in Rhode Island last fall.  He was asking $84K.  Popped back up this spring for $79K.  Obviously this guy bought it (likely for $75K or so) and promptly put it on E-bay for $159K.   Later on E-bay for $129K.  On other sites now for $119K.

I was tempted but the Craigs ad was a very basic description and a few pics.  Plus I can't spend that much.  I think it is held back by only having a 6.1 in it.  For that kind of cash would expect it supercharged or Hellcat.

George E.

ragtopdodge

Would need some stuff changed (needs real Shaker grilles in the scoop, wheel centers needs right 70-71 style), but overall, turn key and had easily spent $150k on it if it was a check-written restoration.

Still...anything over $90, better have a REAL Gen II Hemi in it, or Hellcat/Hellephant motor.

Burdar

Quoteanyone know what rear end suspension conversion that is? 

It needs a few more U-bolts I think.

303 Mopar

Quote from: ClarkWGrizwald on August 22, 2019, 08:34:46 AM
anyone know what rear end suspension conversion that is?

Strange Diff with a RMS rear since the coil overs are in front of the axle.  I believe QA1, Gerst and the rest have the coil overs mounted behind.  Not 100% though.

JS29

Quote from: Burdar on August 22, 2019, 02:00:29 PM
Quoteanyone know what rear end suspension conversion that is? 

It needs a few more U-bolts I think.
:iagree: :haha: