Main Menu

WSS that’s pricey but super nice

Started by 7E-Bodies, June 16, 2022, 06:21:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JH27N0B

After 40+ years of being a Mopar maniac, I sometimes think I've seen every hemi, 3x2's, and Trans Am car ever made, plus more clones than the real ones, so seeing these more uncommon ones is always exciting. 
Of course for fans who have a recent few decades perspective you'd think that the majority of E body production was hemis and six packs and shakers and they hardly sold any non performance versions!
That one is cool.  Of course it's had some changes from 100% day one.  It's an L code so was born with a 2 barrel carb.  I think it would have had V8 emblems on the front fenders, and the Pentstar is missing from the right fender dogleg.
But all in all a cool car I'd spend more time checking out at a show than I would on all the high impact shaker hemi clones parked in the same row!

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: JH27N0B on June 16, 2022, 06:52:09 AM
I think it would have had V8 emblems on the front fenders...

Looks like the "V8" emblem is there on the driver's side, but missing on the passenger side.

JH27N0B

yeah I guess I only had looked close on the picture of the passenger side.  Some hooligan must have stolen the one off the right side, or with all the parts shortages going on, they could only find one in stock when they restored it and the other one is still backordered!  ;)

anlauto

What's with the black carpet and console  :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70vert

Hmm, mine is the same and I assume that is how it came - V8 emblem on driver's side but not passenger. It is a E61/LOB car, 383 2-barrel.

Quote from: Yellow71Cuda on June 16, 2022, 07:14:25 AM
Quote from: JH27N0B on June 16, 2022, 06:52:09 AM
I think it would have had V8 emblems on the front fenders...

Looks like the "V8" emblem is there on the driver's side, but missing on the passenger side.

Brads70

Super clean car! Flowmasters? This one deserves original stuff IMO?  What that under the hood where the dodge letters would bolt on? Painted over uncoating? Bondo/ rust? Kinda sticks out with the rest of it so clean?
Lots of others cars I would buy with that asking price though, but fun to see just the same!

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on June 16, 2022, 07:19:31 AM
What's with the black carpet and console  :huh:

It also has a black headliner, black sun visors and black seat buttons. 

Is the western sport special sticker just an aftermarket made up thing?  Or were more of these cars put out with that "sticker"?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

7E-Bodies

Back in the 80's there was a fairly local guy (Mohomet, IL) that had a barn and a barn yard full of challengers. I used to go there for parts and or just to look. There were a couple of them there that has the decals. I remember well because it was the first I'd ever saw or heard of them.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

benguin

That looks like a repro sticker, but that is a 'real thing'.  Here's a shot of an original (Arizona faded) sticker on my old Challenger taken back in 1980.

anlauto

Quote from: JH27N0B on June 16, 2022, 07:19:26 AM
yeah I guess I only had looked close on the picture of the passenger side.  Some hooligan must have stolen the one off the right side, or with all the parts shortages going on, they could only find one in stock when they restored it and the other one is still backordered!  ;)

I looked at a car last night for a potential customer and it had them on both sides, original paint car too :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee