Main Menu

Hemi Drive line drop out

Started by farmboy70, April 19, 2018, 09:14:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I know but Hellcats are 707HP and people like #'s.
Sheldon

farmboy70

Its not about the numbers, its about a more balanced car and drivability.
I have driven this car to Carlisle twice and while it did the trip fine, a refined drive its is not.  :no:

I will probably scrap the whole idea, as I said it was just a thought. This car has been on the road for a while now. Maybe I will look into the fuel injection system and some other upgrades , keeping it old school look.
I picked up a stolen recovered Hellcat and rebuilt it. I'll take it when I don't feel like the 70.

Have to give credit to Mopar on the Hellcat, Great car!
Dave

farmboy70

Twins? Not quite.

Chryco Psycho

There is a Hemi 6 pack intake available which has to be a huge upgrade frpm the AFB carbs , better power & mileage as the carbs can be tuned properly , or you could do the 6 pack efi system which would be even better with multiport injection not T body . I have done EFI on older engines & what a difference Modern systems combined with old school work fantastic .

farmboy70

Something along those lines and adjustable upper control arms for more caster would be good upgrades also.
I have good brakes already.
Other items would be AC also.
Dave

Slotts

Hey Dave,

Glad to hear you are keeping the 70 "as is".  :stop:

I thought the lacquer thinner was getting to you!  :haha:

I will have to stop by and see the pair next time I'm up that way. Hope all is well.  :bigthumb:

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

303 Mopar

I would agree, keep the Hemi and go FI.  Also, look into upgrading your suspension as this as a big impact on driveability, control and the solid feel of the car.  I love the 392 in my Cuda because it just starts and runs, but jumping into the Charger with an old school stroker is a lot of fun too. Having a modern and an old school Mopar is the best of both worlds!

RUNCHARGER

Good choices. They are two different cars, you have a great car in the Hellcat and another great car in the 70 Hemi. Having one of each is the way to go I think.
Sheldon

Mymcodebee

Doing a hellcat conversion on my buddies charger now and all I can say at this point is that it is adding up quickly $$$.  I am guessing what u just paid for your repairable hellcat is about ballpark for the necessary parts to convert.