Main Menu

T/A and AAR group on FB

Started by Roadman, October 01, 2017, 01:00:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

The name of the group is " 70 Challenger T/A and AAR Cuda's Lost/Found/Info parts buy and sell "
Has 2500 members, closed group so you have to join to see posts. Seems like some good stuff on there.  :rebelflag"

Cuda Cody

Yes, it's a great group.  Our very own @FlatlandTA  started that group.   :banana:

cataclysm80

It's a great group for Trans Am specific stuff.

If you have a more general E body question, you'll get a larger response in the E-Bodies.org Facebook group, because it has a lot more members.

1badfish

Roadman

Quote from: cataclysm80 on October 01, 2017, 02:44:38 PM
It's a great group for Trans Am specific stuff.

If you have a more general E body question, you'll get a larger response in the E-Bodies.org Facebook group, because it has a lot more members.

I'm a member of the E-Bodies.org FB group, and I've noticed when members pose a question they get far fewer responses than they would on the forum. I'm wondering how to entice them to join the forum. Any suggestions. ??  I posted about the T/A AAR group for people looking for # matching stuff, and parts.   :cheers:           :rebelflag"

RUNCHARGER

2500 members, If they each owned one that would be half of the cars built pretty much.
Sheldon

cataclysm80

Quote from: Roadman on October 01, 2017, 04:00:42 PM
I'm a member of the E-Bodies.org FB group, and I've noticed when members pose a question they get far fewer responses than they would on the forum. I'm wondering how to entice them to join the forum. Any suggestions. ?? 

I've noticed the opposite.  The E-Bodies Facebook group has about 4,024 members, and they're on Facebook for a variety of reasons, pretty much every day.
The Forum here has about 780 members, who don't log in every day, and according to the member list, about a third of that 780 members have never made a single post.

I've seen more answers and faster answers on Facebook.  Unfortunately, they're not always correct answers.  You get a lot of people that just make unhelpful comments, like "E BODIES ROCK!!!" and "I HAVE A CAR LIKE THAT, LOOK AT THIS PICTURE OF MY CAR!".
The Forum here will generally provide more accurate answers.

Facebook is great if you have simple basic question that  lots of people would know the answer to.
Facebook is great if you just need a picture of what something is supposed to look like, someone can snap a pic of their car.
Facebook is great for reaching a large number of people.  Like if you wanted to do a poll or survey, or find some other cars with a particular option for reference.
The Facebook group has a search feature, which is handy to see what people have already said on any topic, but the search feature sometimes doesn't work very well.  If you're looking for something very specific, you might not find it.
Facebook is a bad place to store reference information.
Facebook can be a good place to sell stuff because you can reach a large targeted audience. You can even auction stuff on Facebook without paying any eBay fees, but at the moment, the E-bodies group isn't large enough for that yet. 

The Forum here is a great place to ask difficult or obscure questions.
The Forum is an Excellent place to store reference information!

The way to get more people using the Forum is through the reference section.  Most people have questions, and want answers.  The better we can make the reference section, the more people we'll attract.  The reference section needs to be well organized so that people can find what they're looking for, and then it needs advertised on Facebook (and elsewhere).
Prizes for credits was also an excellent idea.

I admin several other Facebook groups, including one with over 25,000 members (not car related).  We also have a forum for that group also, and it stores the reference material which is used by everyone on and off the forum.

Roadman

:rebelflag"  Point well taken. I'm just looking for ways to add to our membership. I'm also looking for ways to get members that have never posted to participate. Maybe a freebe from the prize shop after 10 posts  :thinking: Just a thought. I'm working thru FB Mopar groups advertising our free Decoders.   :banana:

:rebelflag" :rebelflag" :rebelflag" :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates:

FlatlandTA

Thx for the post and kind words fellas!
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1735048166735124
Anyone inretested can join you do not have too own a trans am car however all posts and info/content is Transam or interchangeable part specific I started the group simply to reach further searching for my T.A.block,I could not find a Transam car specific page and needed to learn about them,thinking if I got 100 enthusiasts would be great. It's far surpassed anything I could've imagined(highfives to all who have joined and contribute)and is very informative and YES has its share of incorrect info but that's where the almost 2000(active members)help each other out!
We've got a list(both posted and confidential)of blocks/buildsheets/transmissions members are searching for or perhaps own but doesn't belong to their car and a ton of great pictures and discussions. We have had some blocks pop up and reunited with their original cars(very exciting)
At the end of the day it's all about helping each other out and keeping our eyes open and talking/listening to Whats out there,celebrating all these awesome cars of every body style!
Love this group as well,Mopar or no car!!

cataclysm80

Quote from: FlatlandTA on October 01, 2017, 07:05:37 PM
all posts and info/content is Transam or interchangeable part specific

I really appreciate that you keep it Trans Am specific.  Good job on that.  Thanks!

cataclysm80

Quote from: Roadman on October 01, 2017, 06:08:42 PM
I'm just looking for ways to add to our membership. I'm also looking for ways to get members that have never posted to participate. Maybe a freebe from the prize shop after 10 posts  :thinking: Just a thought. I'm working thru FB Mopar groups advertising our free Decoders. 

Telling people about the prize shop, and that they get free stuff just for participating is a good idea.
Advertising the decoder is also a good idea.
Whenever you get the chance, answer questions on Facebook with links to the answer here in the reference section or on the forum.
Keep up the good work