Main Menu

Collector Car Insurance - Who Do You Use?

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, November 09, 2019, 06:43:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

torredcuda

Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Tantster

I use Grundy and the premium is around $600.00 annually. Took a stone to the windshield 1st day of the Hotrod Power Tour and claim process couldn't of went smoother. Used a restoration shop to replace the windshield and they paid 100%. Renewed for another year.

Racer57

I have Progressive.  I told Agent I wanted it insured for $40k. He took a dozen or more pictures and sent me a bill for $450-500 full coverage.

BIGSHCLUNK

I have an appraised value policy (appraisal was done at the market peak years ago, 100k+). Full coverage under $400. Granted I have other policies with them but I cant beat the rate for the coverage   

CudaMoparRay

Tried State Farm first but was higher for the same coverage as AAA Collector Car Insurance and got "Agreed Value" coverage to boot for $200.00 a year.

jakaPo

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on November 09, 2019, 06:43:13 PM
I have been using Hagerty for my 'Cuda and would like to shop around and compare what others seem to be experiencing and paying for their premiums. I do enjoy driving my car and take it to work on occasion, I'd like a policy that lets me use the car.

I am 32 years old, no speeding tickets/DUIs/Accidents/etc. Owned the car for 17 years, Class A CDL holder, BS in Mechanical Engineering, MBA, Married for 10 years, outstanding credit score, I am seemingly a low risk driver overall.

The 'Cuda is set up as a "modified" car, obviously, which seems to add a significant amount to Hagerty's premiums. It's insured for $60k and the annual premium is $1,202. I have done the quick quote with Grundy and it came back at $598 [HALF!]. Have you used Grundy? What are your thoughts on them?
Ohhh, it's just a masterpiece and not a car, and by the way I'm not surprised that you were offered such a price, because insurance companies ask for a price several times the usual price for a contract with such luxury cars. I know what I'm talking about, because I had a Ford Mustang and when I contacted an insurance company, they said that I have to pay about $ 1,200 a month and that's too much ... As a result, I'm able to find a reliable company with affordable prices. I say that the guys from generalliabilityinsure.com, because they are really professionals and have issued me full insurance for $ 500 per month. So be prepared to spend money on your car!

JS29

:welcome: @jakaPo  to the forum, We have a new members section so you can tell us more about your car and your self.  :handshake:

cuda dad

I have eight cars insured with Hagerty for less than $2k per year.  I recently had my shop broken into and they took a set of SBP 14x7 Centerline rims that I was going to use on my Barracuda.  I wasn't even going to file a claim since they were loose in the garage, until my friend suggested it.  I sent them a couple of pictures and the police report number.  Guess what, they are sending me a check for replacement cost.  I'd rather have those rims back though.

72 Challenger

I was with State Farm for years until I sold my last Challenger. They told me that they would honour old policies until the car was sold and then they were no longer insuring classic cars. That seemed like BS to me but I ended up going to Haggerty and saving a bunch. I also really like the complimentary magazine.

I'm 33, Live in Ontario Canada,  My Duster is insured for an agreed 50k, I pay pennies under 400/ Year. Oddly, the policy also includes spare parts. I guess those are double insured because my homeowners policy covers those too? Hope to never find out.

We honestly don't have many options up here. Almost all of the classic car insurance companies were bought by Hagerty or just underwrite Hagerty policies.   
Someday I will have a J0b.