Main Menu

1970 Challenger T/A parts and vendor recommendations

Started by 69CudaFan, October 05, 2017, 05:59:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

69CudaFan

Looking for dimensions/vendor recommendations for the following items:

Sending unit (what came stock) ventless 5/16? - Vendors include Spectra, The Right Stuff and OER, etc.

Brake lines (OEM) - Not doing stainless. Power disc front, drums rear.  Who has the best fitting stuff out there?

Fuel Lines - complete hard line kit from carbs to the tank, and the vent line as well.  Who should I go with with the best fitment? I was looking at Inline Tube.

Rear end OEM rebuild kit?  Not doing green bearings.  Dr. Diff seems to be the man for this.

Thanks for the help, I love the site, and the wealth of info out there.  The buildsheet decoder was just used...

I am sure I will have more soon...including pics!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69CudaFan

alnauto, is 5/16 the correct size, and returnless?  I wish I had the old unit to compare to.

Thanks for the recommendations, and I hope more folks will chime in.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on October 05, 2017, 07:29:40 AM
Yes, 5/16, no return line is correct.

EXCEPT for N95 "California emission" equipped cars - was the OP's T/A sold in CA when new?

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 05, 2017, 10:32:49 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 05, 2017, 07:29:40 AM
Yes, 5/16, no return line is correct.

EXCEPT for N95 "California emission" equipped cars - was the OP's T/A sold in CA when new?

How does that affect the sending unit ?

Shane Kelley

Probably referring to the return line for California emissions.   :thinking:

Shane Kelley

Dr. Diff is excellent for rear diff parts. I get all my stuff from him and have been extremely happy with the quality and service.   :ohyeah: