Main Menu

1970 Challenger V1F "green vinyl top" what color was it?

Started by 6bblgt, April 30, 2018, 01:32:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Does anybody want to buy a narrow seam antique green Challenger vinyl top ? :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on June 14, 2018, 11:34:50 AM

As much business as you do with Year One they should take it back.... You told them you needed a wide seam top they sent the wrong part.... 

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 14, 2018, 12:52:22 PM
Quote from: anlauto on June 14, 2018, 11:34:50 AM

As much business as you do with Year One they should take it back.... You told them you needed a wide seam top they sent the wrong part....

I know you meant Legendary Auto Interiors.....but YES, that's what the car's owner suggested too....I'll bring it to Carlisle to give to them maybe.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

750-h2

F8RT

Just wondering if you ever got the wide seam antique green vinyl top. Also what are the measurements I still need to order one hoping you had yours and could tell me if it's right.

anlauto

F8RT

So it's been another month did you ever get the wide seam top from SMS? If so how does it look? Can you send me dimensions? Also if correct can you send me your order info so I can order the same thing.
Thanks

anlauto

anlauto

@F8RT  Here's what I found out today....It's been 15 weeks since I placed my order.

When I placed my order I was told they had plenty of material and it would be 4-6 weeks....

Now when you call them, there is a message saying "due to the amount of back order inquiries, you now have to email your questions"

So today I sent them an email and got a response fairly quickly .....here's what they said...."Still making the material, I will get a production time and keep you updated.

Kim"

Now I'm not sure what that means, so I emailed back:

"Great, thank you for the quick response Kim !
That's a real shame about the material. When I called back in June your company said you had lots of material and even confirmed it by mailing samples to me. I was told it was an out-sourced item and that it would take 4-6 weeks to manufacture the vinyl top. Now at 15 weeks you're saying you're making the material ? How long does that normally take ? Will the material be the same as the sample I approved ?

I need some help understanding the process please.

Cheers....Alan "

I guess we'll wait to see their answer. Did anybody else get theirs ?

6bblgt

@anlauto nothing here - I figured you were about a week ahead of me, so I'd hear the updates here first - curious to their response to your latest email.

I heard the "email inquiries" phone message about a month ago & didn't follow up with an email

F8RT

I haven't ordered mine yet. It sounded so promising that it wouldn't take long, I was planning on getting an update on yours and if all was good then order mine. Not that I wanted you to be the guinea pig but you had already ordered so thought I would wait. Please let me know what you find out. Also if you could send me info on your order so I can order the same thing. I think I have the measurements wrote down somewhere for the wide seam but if you have something please post or let me know. I do have one other question dash pads I see 2 types available one is steel like the factory and the other uses plastic. Steel is quite a bit more money, do you know is it worth it? Have you or anybody else had any experience with either?
Thanks for any answers!

anlauto

Definitely spend the extra for a steel core, the plastic cores are all wavy. Dave at Roseville can help you out with a pad. :alan2cents:

JS29

Quote from: anlauto on September 26, 2018, 04:30:02 AM
Definitely spend the extra for a steel core, the plastic cores are all wavy. Dave at Roseville can help you out with a pad. :alan2cents:
:iagree: You do not want to wast your money on A plastic piece of junk!!!

anlauto

So it's been over four months now. When I ordered in June they said they had plenty of material and even mailed me a sample, now they're saying the material will be made in November and my top will be made after that.... :looney:  I asked politely for an explanation, but I doubt I'll get one.

I'm sure glad they got my payment up front... :bigmoney:

F8RT

Thanks for your last update I haven't been on in awhile. I called them last month to order mine and she told me they were making the material and at best it would be the end of the year. Don't guess anything has changed on yours. Please keep me posted on progress. If you get a chance could you send me what 750-h2 sent you. Thanks!