Main Menu

1970 disc brake booster check valve?

Started by 750-h2, March 06, 2017, 05:14:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

Anyone know where these can be found without having to pay a small fortune?

Chryco Psycho

Rock auto has them for $3 but I doubt they look 100% correct
Roseville has them for $20

Cuda Cody

Correct ones bring some big money.  :bigmoney:   I'm not aware of any other options that are correct, but like Chryco said, Rock Auto and other places sell ones that will work.

jt4406

Anyone got a pic of a "correct" one?  Are they all the same, or are they engine specific? jess
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

Cuda Cody

That's a good question.  They change depending on what engine so correct is slightly different for some of the different size engines.  Has anyone started a thread that shows all the different ones?  I don't think I have any good photos.   :sorry:

Quote from: jt4406 on March 06, 2017, 07:06:44 PM
Anyone got a pic of a "correct" one?  Are they all the same, or are they engine specific? jess

750-h2

Not sure if this one is 100% correct, but this is the style I am looking for my 1970 disc brake Challenger.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

Yes that is where I got the picture. Do you know if the Corvette ones will actually fit on the Mopar Bendix booster?  Thanks.

Cuda Cody

I think I heard somewhere they are the same.    :yes:

MoparDave

that's like the cigarette lighter element and knob is the same as a chevy listing from NPD
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

750-h2

Thanks. Checking listings Corvette valves are just as pricey as the Mopar ones. I guess if I want the correct one I will have to bite the bullet and pay.

anlauto

I believe the one you pictured and I posted is only correct for AAR T/A and possibly Hemi...all other use the 90* one.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HEMICUDA

Quote from: 750-h2 on March 07, 2017, 07:49:44 AM
Yes that is where I got the picture. Do you know if the Corvette ones will actually fit on the Mopar Bendix booster?  Thanks.

Yea, they fit, both my T/A & AAR has that one.  They are identical except for the nylon color, they get painted with the booster/master cylinder anyway. Buy it when you see it, no one is giving them away.

750-h2

Quote from: anlauto on March 07, 2017, 10:05:28 AM
I believe the one you pictured and I posted is only correct for AAR T/A and possibly Hemi...all other use the 90* one.

Great info, I did not know that! I need one for my V code and the 90 degree ones are cheap and easy to get.  :banana:

jt4406

Any of these close for a 440 6pack challenger?    (maybe we should look at some survivor engine bay shots?)

jess
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"