Main Menu

Fuel System Plumbing

Started by ledphoot, June 09, 2018, 11:11:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

I am going to use the Holley SniperEFI  system in the Cuda.The 1/2" stainless fuel line from inline tube came in today.. I have a new aeromotive regulator and filters that was acquired for my prior EFI setup. I am trying to decide whether I should use them and my stock fuel line as a return... Or.. Use Holley's Filter Regulator and have it perform bypass right by the tank. I have Aeromotive's in-tank fuel pump / tank for the Cuda...

Also... Where are you guys mounting fuel filters and regulators? Any pictures of your fuel system setups would be GREAT..
What are your guys thoughts?

303 Mopar

With the Sniper I believe you need to run both the main and return lines to the throttle body.  I just installed the Sniper on my Charger and mounted the filter on the rear floor pan as it connects to the trunk pan, in front and above the rear diff. I also ran new EFI braided lines and AN connections.

ledphoot

Thanks, I thought you could plug the return side on the throttle body and use a regulator / bypass setup before the throttle body to handle pressure / return.. Hmmm. I will have to open the manual and have a look.

ledphoot

OK cool, looks like I could just use the integrated bypass and plumb it to the original fuel line :)

Thanks!

YellowThumper

One major benefit to return line all the way up is everytime you fire it up you are starting with fresh fuel. Not fuel that has baked and sat since the last shutdown.
As for filters I also have mine mounted in front of tank and above rearend.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Katfish

I'd invest the time and money to run a return line.
I mounted a standard Mustang filter up by the engine.

Nel

With the FItech can you use the stock line to bring the fuel to it? Or has return line?

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Nel on June 09, 2018, 05:15:16 PM
With the FItech can you use the stock line to bring the fuel to it? Or has return line?
You would need a very secure method for securing hoses to the factory hard lines. They are intended to be suction lines, with efi they need to uphold against 58psi-ish

Same applies for the return line, but it is typically a far lower pressure. It's typically best to just go ahead and run new dedicated lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

RCman

I agree with most folks here, run the return line from the engine.

For my Sniper setup I used the Tanks Inc Tank, a Jake Fab fuel puck, Aeromotive #11540, Aeromotive Fuel Filter #12347 with mounting bracket #12701. All plumbed with Fragola 6000 Series PTFE AN hose. Works slick, the Sniper regulates itself this way. I know there are arguments for an against AN hose vs hard stainless tube but to me the less connections and transitions the better so I ran AN the entire way.

The fuel filter I mounted on the inside of the rail just before it starts going up to the engine bay.

YellowThumper

Quote from: Nel on June 09, 2018, 05:15:16 PM

IiRC Fitech will require return line. With the required pressures this is best way to keep it constant. Pump keeps pumping fuel regardless of demand. Instead of relying on pump bypass. Feed fuel is always cooler as well.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.