Main Menu

Vcode 70 Cuda vin#100007

Started by CudaTime, June 15, 2017, 07:11:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaTime

sounds like a typical BS artist looking for a victim. he stated to me it was all original panels except trunk floor.  :haha:
looks like he is  :deadhorse:
going to try and milk that vin#100007 and pilot car story for all it is worth!  :ebay:

anlauto

Did he give you an indication of how much he wants for it ? It's certainly worth the current high bid :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

hmm, learned something new. I didn't think the LA plant did ANY V or R code production
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

CudaTime

said he has 65k in it. it will take that minimum to buy it he said.
I told him it had no reserve, and would sell to highest bidder as it is listed.
He said he was aware the ad on ebay had no reserve, but doubts it will stay at 35k.
Has had several callers and a standing offer of 45k on the car to an oversees buyer, and a few dealers that want it all hitting him at 45k.
He asked me to make an offer, I offered him 50k, or asked if that would buy it. He laughed and said no. again stated that he has 65k in it. wont take less. I guess we will see. Has pics prior to disassembly, it was original lime green car he stated. :wrenching:

anlauto

If $65K minimum is a FIRM price...The car will not go anywhere any time soon. If I were you I would start talking with his future widow. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

:haha:  That seller is full of great stories!   :haha:  They have used data tags for years before 1970 and pre-production cars got them.  It's easy to see (as Alan pointed out) the replacement metal and wrong bumpers that are painted for the car.  If he's telling that many funny stories already, what can you really believe about the car?

RUNCHARGER

That one will be for sale for a long time.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

V Code Cudas only.  We have not seen a real V-Code Challenger or any R Codes from LA.

Quote from: ec_co on June 18, 2017, 07:06:11 PM
hmm, learned something new. I didn't think the LA plant did ANY V or R code production

cudaized

All R code E-Body, and all convertible E-Body cars, were built at Hamtramck assembly plant in Detroit.
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

CudaTime

he text me a couple of pics of a repop hood, and shaker, with a repop breather and base.  :drunk: :haha: :haha:
So much for the original Shaker hood he spoke of.  :rofl: :rofl:
He also didn't send any pics of the car when it was still a daily driver like he said he would of when he purchased it 10 years ago.
I texted him back and asked for those pictures and have gotten no response.  :needphotos:  :haha: :rofl: :haha:
Too bad the guy is a BS artist. Could be a nice car, but getting anything out of him other than BS it seems is impossible.
If anybody ends up with it, or knows anyone that does please keep us updated on how it turns out.

4mayhemi

Last ebay stalled at 40,600. Today's ebay at 36,100 with 3 days left. Maybe the market is trying to say something?
Last thread when discussed had some other good tidbits of info
https://forum.e-bodies.org/cars-for-sale-or-wanted/8/1970-v-code-cuda-for-sale/1262/

HP_Cuda

Wow I hate jokers like this and there are plenty.

"Run forest run!"
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

CudaTime

:ebay: still waiting on his response with the other pictures :ebay:
:lurking:So far nothing but Crickets      :popcorn: