Main Menu

Vcode 70 Cuda vin#100007

Started by CudaTime, June 15, 2017, 07:11:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaTime

:veryexcited:Seen this for sale on ebay :veryexcited: Real Vcode vin#100007???
I thought it was worth discussing. :unbelievable:
Does anybody know anything about this car? :thinking:
Is it really the 7th car to roll off the assembly line, vin#100007? and a V-code 6 pack car to boot? Very cool!
Here is the link :takemymoney:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-CUDA-2-DR-/162554041559?hash=item25d8f9d4d7:g:k0QAAOSwXYtY2cHT&vxp=mtr

anlauto

He'll be really surprised when his freshly painted Challenger front bumper doesn't fit  :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rev-It-Up

Not very wordy with his description is he? Would love to see the VIN tag.
Rev-It-Up

anlauto

The fact the lower control arms are "A" or "B" Body will also throw him for a loop.....I'm not going to mention the front disc brakes....I'll just stop right there...................pun intended  :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Chippa

This is his second crack at selling it....i did bid on it last time before the bids started to sky rocket well past my funds would allow lol...

Think it topped out around 45-50k last time from memory then got pulled..

CudaTime

vin tag is attached to what appears to be a repo dash pad, it looks like it has been painted and has chemical pops or fisheyes and will need to be re painted to me.

CudaTime

Rev-It-Up

Rev-It-Up

CudaTime

bet it probably doesn't have one or he would have mentioned it.
How do you not have a build sheet, or a data plate on a 6 pack car that's supposedly the 7the car to roll off the line? :notsure:

1 Wild R/T

Because once upon a time it was just another old gas guzzler?

Cuda Cody

@cudaized  knows a little about the car.  I think he spoke (or attempted to communicate) with the owner.

Since it's an LA built car it most likely did not come with a Build Sheet.  Lots of them didn't.  But it's still a cool car.

RUNCHARGER

Good eye Alan. Must of had a lot of that paint mixed up I reckon.
Sheldon

cudaized

Yes. I spoke with the owner.
No Data Plate
No Broadcast Sheet

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 15, 2017, 08:06:42 PM
@cudaized  knows a little about the car.  I think he spoke (or attempted to communicate) with the owner.

Since it's an LA built car it most likely did not come with a Build Sheet.  Lots of them didn't.  But it's still a cool car.
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

CudaTime

I spoke with the owner as well.
He claims he has had it for over 10 years. Bought it from a then 80 year old man that came into one of his restaurants to eat a lot.
The man has since died. but his sons are still alive and don't know much about the car.
He has pictures of the car as it was when he purchased it, he is supposed to send me those pics.
It was original and all in one piece. Claims it has a Shaker Hood original.
He drove it for many years before starting the restoration on it. said he is 25k into the paint and rotisserie job. Drivetrain built at Dale Earnhardt Jrs Facility. said they know the car, they built the motor call them.
He also claimed it never had a fender tag on the car, no holes were ever punched or drilled into the apron for a tag.
Also stated it was a pilot car which is why it had no data plate. And yes California car, no build sheet.
I noticed it has a console with an ashtray isn't that a 71 up console? rear valance with no exhaust cutouts. and several other things.
He is having health issues and can no longer stand on his feet. he has to sell the car.
Pilot car?  :notsure:Never had a data plate? :notsure: no holes in apron?  :notsure:can see from the backside it has never been drilled....could it be true or is this just some made up for Ebay BS? :yes:

anlauto

The driver's side inner apron has been replaced with a reproduction, either that or it never had a starter relay either :haha: