Main Menu

4-to-2 Bolt master cylinder adapter doesn’t quite fit

Started by ledphoot, June 01, 2018, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

Hey guys. Trying to make progress on the brakes and the master cylinder adapter doesn't quite fit the recess in my booster. I have two different adapters and neither fit. The booster is the correct booster for the car. Any ideas? Should I trim it? Is there another adapter that will fit without modification?

Chryco Psycho

ledphoot

Yeah I am thinking I just trim that thing down and hit it with some black cerakote...

Cuda Cody

What booster are you using?  It looks a little different then what I've seen for some of the cars I've done.  I have a bunch of original boosters that I can get a measurement on if you want?

ledphoot

I do not recall the part number, will be back at the shop tomorrow. I talked to Cass and he said the AR engineering AR059 adapter is smaller than the one he sells. By looking at the pics it appears to be just about the right size to fit this, so I ordered one from Hughes and should have it by next weekend. These kinds of things happen, but it sure gets frustrating when you're trying to put stuff back together and hit snags.

Brads70

If you have access to a lathe, looks like a 5 minute job?

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

ledphoot

Will probably use this adapter on the challenger, so it will not go to waste.