Main Menu

70 challenger rear valance, brackets?

Started by Shawn, December 16, 2018, 07:12:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shawn

Is there a pair of "L"- brackets that attach the two inner top holes in the rear valance to the threaded inserts directing behind the valance holes?
if so, does anyone have an extra set they would sell?

anlauto

There's only the two center brackets. That hole you're pointing to does not used. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shawn

That's weird there is a threaded insert directly behind both of those center valance holes on the underside of the panel the rear bumper attaches too.
Seems like it should have a connection point there to reduce vibration in the rear valance?  :alan2cents:

70 Challenger Lover

The center brackets look like this:

Shawn

My mistake, not the center two holes that attach to the above pictured brackets. The hole just inside the bumperettes.

anlauto

It's thought that very early production 1970 models used a bracket there but nobody has ever come up with an actual picture of one.  :alan2cents: In my opinion, it doesn't exist.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

moparparts

I have some of those original small brackets for70 Cuda and 70 Challenger. AAR did not use them and T/A did not them unless it was a WSS of which i must have had one many years ago not knowing because it had them on. As Anlauto stated they are very rare only ever had a few cars with them on and i am still trying to document the different ones i have