Main Menu

70 Cuda AC/Heater box

Started by mchughsautomotivegroup@gm, August 21, 2020, 06:34:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mchughsautomotivegroup@gm

Hello , sorry if this has been brought up in the past, I'm new to this Board.
looking for a place that  restores AC/Heater boxes for a 70 Cuda conv.  I deal with several places for interior restoration, but most will no longer do AC/Heater boxes. we can do it ourselves, just need to buy some time, to many other tings to get done. only looking for the highest quality workmanship.
Thanks

Skdmark

Welcome to the site.
You should make post introducing yourself in the new members forum.

I rebuilt my own heater box recently.
Once out of the car, with all parts and materials on hand, about 10-12 hours to clean, refinish and rebuild.

Below is a link to  a How 2 article from HotRod in 2018.
It follows a 71 Cuda A/C heater box at a resto shop in WI. You could contact the shop in WI to see if they would be willing to do it.
If not, there is also https://mrheaterbox.com/

At the same time the heater core should be rebuilt at Glen-Ray.
Have the A/C evaporator pressure checked at Glen-Ray too.
Depending on condition, the blower motor should be sent to JS restorations for refurb and replating.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/1971-plymouth-cuda-gets-heater-ac-box-refreshed-restored/

Disclaimer:
I've used Glen-Ray.
JS is a frequent and well known service provider. I plan on using them in the near future.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

71vert340

Many gasket sets available here. Good quality gasket kits. https://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/mopar/
   A/C /Heater box gasket kits start at around $65.
Terry

mchughsautomotivegroup@gm

Thanks for the info, definitive appreciate any feed back.
I probably could have worded my post better. I can in fact build an AC/heater box, have done many in many different models. i was hoping to find a quality source to build them for us, as our shop is way to busy building cars and trying to finish up 2 SEMA builds. I did find what seems to be a great option in Detroit, spoke with him, he seems to be on the same page as us as far as quality, so we will use him for AC/Heater Box and possibly steering Column.
Thanks once again for the information.

akrebirdbe1991

I used the service that the guy above presented for a long time, but then it just closed and the site didn't work, and I changed the service, and also sometimes did this procedure
After one of the services that I used was closed, I could not find a normal service that could help me for a long time, my old friend used to work in this field and he knew exactly at least a few of the same services, and I asked him to recommend the service to me, and he just shared with me an article that described AC only blowing warm air and told me that I can fix it myself! After a couple of days, I actually fixed it myself and was very happy about the money I saved.

blown motor

I can't let a recommendation for mr heaterbox go by without sharing my experience. In a nut shell it was a complete disaster. I had to send it back to get them to do it right. It took far longer and cost far more than I was quoted. Never again!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel