Main Menu

1970 Engine with Transmission Production Numbers

Started by plymouthbelvy, December 22, 2021, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

plymouthbelvy

Hello. Looking for a breakdown of all engine combinations for 1970 Challengers.  How many 318 4 speed cars produced is something I'm really looking for.  I have a 318 4 speed 70 Challenger Western Sport Special and trying to figure out how many were made in this configuration. Mine is also FC7. Trying to figure out how rare it actually is. Any info would be great.Thanks.

anlauto

According to Galen' Govier's little white book....481 318-4speeds, don't know how many were WSS  :dunno:  Is there a registry for them somewhere ? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

plymouthbelvy

Thanks for the info. I thought maybe there was a breakdown on A91 WWS cars. Have not seen a registry but would be cool though. Not much info out there on WWS cars.  Seen another fender tag that is #131821 and mine is #131819 with same SPD209 but it is H code and both are A91 WSS cars.

6bblgt

with 50+ OPTIONS and 20 exterior paints plus the numerous top/interior/stripe combinations available (& drivetrains) - just about every car is 1 of 1

checking thru some numbers covering ~90% of 1970 Challenger production:
- it appears 23.3% of the JH23 cars with N95 (E.C.S. "CA" emissions) are also Western Sport Specials  :yes:  WOW, I would've never thought it was that high!!

15.0% of the JH23 cars were built with N95 (E.C.S. "CA" emissions) ~ 6.920 potential Challenger hardtops for California sale - with just north of 1,600 additionally OPTIONED w/A91 WSS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------bad math below for reference-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"IF" 15.0% of the 318 4-speed Challengers ended up in CA (~72 cars) & 23.3% were WSS (~17 cars) & 13.1% were "plum crazy" (~2 cars)
- it would quickly demonstrate how every combination becomes 1 of 1 - even if the actual number of 318 4-speed WSS in "plum crazy" is 20 cars ...........

2 (or more) vinyl top choices - numerous interiors - stripes - body side mouldings - wheels & tires - tinted glass, A/C, etc.

RARE WSS OPTIONS include: light package, rallye gauges, dual mirrors, luggage rack, 8-track, AM/FM - any of these on your Challenger @plymouthbelvy ?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

plymouthbelvy

That info is so cool. Never thought about all the different options could make it 1 of 1. My car does not have any of the extra options 6bblgt has listed his post. It is an N95 car in FC7 with black vinyl top 318 4 speed. It does have black interior as well. thanks for taking the time and listing this way cool info.

chaps70rt

Was there a special gas cap that went on the WSS??    I am lead to believe that there was, but have never seen one????

If anyone has a reference picture (if true), please post!!    Thanks .....
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi