Main Menu

71 Cuda 340 Shaker from Socal to Northeast

Started by VCODE, October 14, 2017, 08:52:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Ugggh ...The Magnum curse.....They had to be the most popular wheel back in the day :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

W23 = chrome style "ROAD" wheels (5-spoke design) $83.30 VS. W21 = "RALLYE" wheels $54.25

most well OPTIONED cars will have them (if available) they were the most expensive = they are the BEST! ..... correct?

GY3R/T

1971 CUDA.... Hemi Orange... Black Shaker Car... Black Billboard Car... Winged Car... Magnum 500 Wheels.... Great black contrast against a High Impact Color. Stunning combo!!  Tell me why this car has the " Magnum curse".

anlauto

Quote from: GY3R/T on October 15, 2017, 09:02:42 PM
1971 CUDA.... Hemi Orange... Black Shaker Car... Black Billboard Car... Winged Car... Magnum 500 Wheels.... Great black contrast against a High Impact Color. Stunning combo!!  Tell me why this car has the " Magnum curse".

Just a personal thing.....seems every E Body I've restored lately was coded for Magnums...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

VCODE

Quote from: anlauto on October 15, 2017, 07:17:10 PM
Ugggh ...The Magnum curse.....They had to be the most popular wheel back in the day :'(

Oh Alan, Shame on you. :) I ordered Magnum's in 1970 on the long gone 70 Challenger R/T 440-6 Super Tac Pkg. I was 17 and loved them.
Bob :ohyeah:

anlauto

I think A LOT of people loved them....Currently I've restored five 1970 Challengers and they were all coded for Magnums...

Will you put Magnums back on this Cuda ?

VCODE

Quote from: anlauto on October 16, 2017, 05:19:36 AM
I think A LOT of people loved them....Currently I've restored five 1970 Challengers and they were all coded for Magnums...

Will you put Magnums back on this Cuda ?

They look better on Challengers I think. The Rallye wheels look good on it, so for now I will leave it.

1 Wild R/T

Magnums look great... Once you cut off the tiny 14x5.5 barrel & slide the center into a 15x7 barrel....

340challconvert

Nice pic up on the 71 Cuda
I would enjoy it for a while, before winter really sets in.

On another note: I have had e bodies with the road wheels and cars w rallye wheels.
Always like the style of the "5 spokes".
My current car for the last 37 years- A66 convertible came factory with the 15" rallye's which are still on the car.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

fc7cuda

I like both of the Road and Rallye wheel options, however depending on the other colors of the car I may prefer one over the other. 

On this particular 71 Cuda, I'd prefer the Road wheel look.

Typically I just go back to build sheet spec. anyways.  :alan2cents:

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

anlauto

This one just popped up on KiJiJi again priced at about $18K USD MORE than you paid....
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/city-of-toronto/ultra-rare-71-cuda-n96-shaker-v6x-billboard-car/1288398843?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

You got a sweet deal Bob... :clapping:

VCODE

I spoke with the second owner, real nice guy and is looking for any pictures and paper work he can find for me. He purchased it from the Daughter of the Original owner who owned it for about 35 Years. I called the daughter of the original owner but have not reached her yet.  :fingerscrossed:

anlauto

Quote from: anlauto on October 14, 2017, 09:09:23 AM
Are all the options currently on the car on the build sheet ?

You never answered  :dunno:

VCODE

Quote from: anlauto on October 17, 2017, 12:10:01 PM
Quote from: anlauto on October 14, 2017, 09:09:23 AM
Are all the options currently on the car on the build sheet ?

You never answered  :dunno:

Yes, J81  /  N96  /  V6X  / wheels should be your favorite, Magnums F70 x 14   :bigthumb: