Main Menu

Anyone previously use Mr. Heaterbox in Canada for parts resto?

Started by Ricomondo, November 04, 2022, 01:02:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ricomondo

Looking to see if anyone has any feedback for Mr.Heaterbox out of Canada for parts restoration. I contacted them in March about restoring my heaterbox and they told me March 09th they were currently at 8-10 week turnaround time. They received my heaterbox on March 31st.
Well here we are almost 8 months and no heaterbox. They keep saying they are getting close to having it done. My car is DOA until I get that box back. I don't want to put the dash frame back in, along with the steering column and then have to wrestle this restored box back under the dash.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

blown motor

I sent my dash cluster to them a few years ago. It took much longer than they said it would. I don't mean to scare you but I wanted my clock to work, I think they put a new one in. I wanted my tach recalibrated, I think they did but it was still incorrect. They painted the tack and speedometer needles but not the gauges so I had to send it back for that. They called and said the lens got cracked in shipping. The way I had it packaged there's no way but I had to pay for another one. The also painted the outer line and lettering on the heater controls. All said and done everything looks great but it took much longer and cost far more than it should have and than I was quoted. Plus I never got my light tubes back from them. I have nothing good to say for them.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Ricomondo

Quote from: blown motor on November 04, 2022, 02:17:17 PM
I sent my dash cluster to them a few years ago. It took much longer than they said it would. I don't mean to scare you but I wanted my clock to work, I think they put a new one in. I wanted my tach recalibrated, I think they did but it was still incorrect. They painted the tack and speedometer needles but not the gauges so I had to send it back for that. They called and said the lens got cracked in shipping. The way I had it packaged there's no way but I had to pay for another one. The also painted the outer line and lettering on the heater controls. All said and done everything looks great but it took much longer and cost far more than it should have and than I was quoted. Plus I never got my light tubes back from them. I have nothing good to say for them.

@blown motor  Uuuugh, well I suppose I should have asked before sending it out, Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. I will ask for photos and an ETA next week when I follow up......yet again.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

anlauto

They done several E Body rally clusters for me and dozens of switches, with zero issues or complaints...HOWEVER I'm still waiting on two sets of switches I sent them months ago....
I talked to them at Moparfest, and they said they've had some setbacks and back ordered parts like everybody else, so they were behind.

Pick up the phone and talk with them, tell them your situation. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ricomondo

Quote from: anlauto on November 04, 2022, 04:35:37 PM
They done several E Body rally clusters for me and dozens of switches, with zero issues or complaints...HOWEVER I'm still waiting on two sets of switches I sent them months ago....
I talked to them at Moparfest, and they said they've had some setbacks and back ordered parts like everybody else, so they were behind.

Pick up the phone and talk with them, tell them your situation. :alan2cents:

@anlauto - thank you for your feedback. I'll give em' a jingle instead of an email and see what's up.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

Ricomondo

Another update - After yet another email, they told me last week Tuesday Nov 8th my heaterbox  was done. They just needed to consult with their shipper. I asked for photos, and still have not received any of the work performed. Emailed again Mon Nov 14 asking for photos and when I can expect to ship. Now no response. Will call next and see what happens.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Ricomondo

Quote from: blown motor on November 19, 2022, 08:02:06 AM
Yup, that sounds like the way they operate.

I called them Nov 22nd and they sounded surprised I called. Seemed like a lot of stumbling on the phone for answers when I spoke to Brent and he said they had to clear workspace so they could take photos and send them, along with sending an invoice. Sounds like a lot of excuses to me, for parts that are allegedly finished.

Their shop is only ten hrs from me in Canada. They will be really surprised if I show up demanding my parts.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

anlauto

I just got my invoice yesterday for the switches they are currently doing for me....Hope to get them next week...I have a dash on the bench waiting for them...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration