Main Menu

71 Cuda Rear Sway Bar Frame Bracket Bolts

Started by Yellow71Cuda, May 02, 2019, 01:19:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Yellow71Cuda

Please take a look at these bolts I purchased for my rear sway bar frame brackets.  They are too small.  I've heard of the frame holes enlarging, but these don't seem to be close to the correct size for the brackets either.

Advice and/or thoughts are greatly appreciated guys.

1 Wild R/T

Those look like the correct style bolts, pointy, serrated flanged head.... They should be 5/16-18.... The holes in your sway bar bracket may be oversized....

Yellow71Cuda

The bolts are too small.  Not 5/16

Thank you.  I was concerned.

anlauto

What's the head of the bolt look like ? It should take a 1/2" wrench and look the same as the bolts that hold the fuel/brake line clamps. Similar to this:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on May 02, 2019, 02:17:37 PM
What's the head of the bolt look like ? It should take a 1/2" wrench and look the same as the bolts that hold the fuel/brake line clamps. Similar to this:

Hi Alan.  3/8" wrench fits on the head of the bolts I received.  I already contacted the parts source of these bolts, and they agree they are incorrect, apologized, and they're sending a return label.  Very professionally handled.  Now to find the correct ones. 

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on May 02, 2019, 02:17:37 PM

FWIW the I've seen both the pointy style bolt & the tapered style, but I've seen more pointy than tapered... Which surprised me at first cause pointy is usually a GM thing.... & I haven't seen pointy bolts in many Mopar applications....

anlauto

You'll need those "incorrect" bolts for the rear axle rebound bumpers, the muffler heat shields and 71+ K Frame splash shields and if an automatic, the starter splash shield  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on May 02, 2019, 03:47:38 PM
You'll need those "incorrect" bolts for the rear axle rebound bumpers, the muffler heat shields and 71+ K Frame splash shields and if an automatic, the starter splash shield  :alan2cents:

Good point!  I need to check my stash of bolts before sending these back.

Thank you. :cheers:

Jay Bee

Some info I saved from years ago.

340challconvert

Quote from: Jay Bee on May 03, 2019, 05:44:06 AM
Some info I saved from years ago.

Jay Bee Good info
I will need these when I add a factory sway bar to my A66 Challenger vert!
Thanks for posting :cheers:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

anlauto