Main Menu

Are there correct style 340 head bolts out there ??

Started by 76orangewagon, December 09, 2018, 01:21:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

My 71' 340 engine is at the machine shop being built but I can't seem to locate new correct style head bolts. I have tried Roseville, AMK, Bill Rolik, Mancini, Summit Racing, ect...It seems like a waste to add ARP style bolt heads or studs that will be visible and take away from an otherwise correct looking engine when I have tried hard to source all the correct style/marked bolt heads to match all my 71' date coded parts. Anyone have a source or idea that might help ?   :dunno:

Chryco Psycho

Wrecking yard , any LA engine up 93 / magnum
Are you missing the originals ?? They do not need to be replaced like modern engines

76orangewagon

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 09, 2018, 03:09:42 PM
Wrecking yard , any LA engine up 93 / magnum
Are you missing the originals ?? They do not need to be replaced like modern engines

Yes, I traded my 70' X heads and block for 71' date correct J heads and block, since I'm replacing all the hardware it would be nice to replace them also. I'm not a fan of using old bolts in areas like the heads, connecting rods and main bearing caps, but thats just me.       

Chryco Psycho

good luck finding new ones , I am not aware of any source other than ARP or head studs

Rich G.

I'm like you. I had no head bolts in the engine I'm working on and wanted it to look stock. I looked everywhere and couldn't find them. Finally got a used set on eBay. There not stretch bolts so you really have nothing to worry about using good used bolts.

moparparts

If you decide to go with originals, PM or E-Mail me i have them available