Main Menu

Auction Prices

Started by js27, November 07, 2019, 08:58:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

I have to wonder if the more high end quality cars are for sale at one auction does it hurt the prices ? Buyers have more to chose from and may not bid as high for a car if they know that there are several other cars there they could bid on. Example you have 2 Hemi Cuda's or Superbirds or whatever up for sale--equal quality--the first one comes up the bidding begins--buyer really wants a Hemi Cuda---does he go higher than he should just so he gets his car or does he not go the extra mile because he knows there is another one coming up ??
Just a thought--what do you all think?
JS27

ClarkWGrizwald

Should all even out in the end i'd think. Say first one sells for 100k. Next one he has no choice but to pay what he has to pay. Ends up 120k.  Average hemi car value sits at 110k then.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

303 Mopar

All it takes is two high-dollar bidders who really want the car.  Then the sky is the limit.  :bigmoney:

anlauto

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that three Daytona's were crossing the block at the same auction Tony is taking his to... :thinking:

There can only be so many people wanting to buy a Daytona :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Supply and demand! And when the high rollers buy the first of the batch that might give someone else a chance.   :alan2cents:

Bullitt-

Then they should be paying you to haul off Red Chevelles  :))
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

JS29

Quote from: Bullitt- on November 07, 2019, 04:55:36 PM
Then they should be paying you to haul off Red Chevelles  :))
Or Camaro's!

js27

Quote from: anlauto on November 07, 2019, 02:18:02 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I saw that three Daytona's were crossing the block at the same auction Tony is taking his to... :thinking:

There can only be so many people wanting to buy a Daytona :dunno:

This is exactly why I made this post because I was thinking the same thing about Tony's cars and Tim Welborn's.
JS27

cuda hunter

I frequent different types of auctions.  Typically in the auctionees mind if he missed the first one, he or she will over pay for the second one.  Seen that a thousand times.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

captcolour

Quote from: JS29 on November 07, 2019, 03:31:18 PM
Supply and demand! And when the high rollers buy the first of the batch that might give someone else a chance.   :alan2cents:
The other "problem" is that these high rollers can't just afford one, they can afford to buy all of them.

JS29

Quote from: captcolour on November 09, 2019, 06:23:16 AM
Quote from: JS29 on November 07, 2019, 03:31:18 PM
The other "problem" is that these high rollers can't just afford one, they can afford to buy all of them.
Sometimes just out of spite!