Main Menu

Auto City Classic Tinted glass

Started by ledphoot, October 10, 2018, 11:04:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

Hey guys,

Anybody use Auto City Glass for replacement glass??? One of the rear quarter glass windows on the cuda is broken and the windshield is old as f*** so I am interested in getting some tinted glass to replace it.. This looks interesting and the reviews seem OK, but I'd like some first hand feedback if anybody has used them.

https://www.ebay.com/i/292152378521?chn=ps

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: ledphoot on October 10, 2018, 11:04:03 AM
Hey guys,

Anybody use Auto City Glass for replacement glass[emoji47] One of the rear quarter glass windows on the cuda is broken and the windshield is old as f*** so I am interested in getting some tinted glass to replace it.. This looks interesting and the reviews seem OK, but I'd like some first hand feedback if anybody has used them.

https://www.ebay.com/i/292152378521?chn=ps

I used it and do not recommend it. It "works" but I have had a hell of a time adjusting the door and 1/4 glass, the curves are just not right.

The front and rear windshield thickness are noticeably thinner as well.

Spend the money on AMD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

AMS makes, possibly, the best aftermarket glass available, at a very reasonable price. Pretty sure David at Roseville can get you a great deal on it to....
Said it a million times, and will say it again....There's no reason to shop anywhere else :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ledphoot

Thanks guys! That's all I needed to know :)

Will hit up David when the time comes!

Thanks again.

ledphoot

Does anybody have pictures of the Auto Metal Direct Green tinted glass installed? Not sure if I like that tint all that much, may need to order clear and have tint applied instead.

anlauto

The factory tint AMD glass is pretty close to factory tint

AMD Glass:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ledphoot

Cool, thanks for the photos. Looks much better ON THE CAR than it does in the catalog photos :)

I'll get the tinted. $1200 isn't too bad for a full set of glass.

THANKS AGAIN!

Rich G.

If you order all the glass I was told they'll send it in a crate if you order windshields also. If you're just getting side glass they send it UPS. I got 8 broken glasses and the third time they sent it in 2 separate shipments through fed ex! Good luck! The AMD glass was good once I finally got them. It's probably drop shipped from AMD anyway.

GoodysGotaCuda

I found a local AMD guy for my windshield. He placed larger orders so the shipping charge was very diluted. He also dealt with broken glass as I picked it up from him in person.

Seemed to work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs