Barracuda M46

Started by 340challconvert, March 15, 2023, 04:05:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

Cuda hunter
This one is for you, posted on FB

As per Tony Siarkowski
Here's a 1970 Plymouth
Barracuda with the super rare 1970-only M46 option that got you simulated lower quarter panel scoops, a blacked-out lower body section, tail panel, grille and both lower valances. There was also a blue and white or red and white reflective stripe separating the blackout from the upper body color. It's said that less than 400 were made. I have never seen one on a 'Cuda which leads me to believe it was a Barracuda -only dress up option.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Brads70

Cuda_mark

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

cuda hunter

Thanks for posting it up 340Challconvert.  That is indeed Allen Lemon's old car.
He found that car in Texas as I recall.   Rust free body.

Was this posted on ebodies.org facebook?

I was on there last night talking about M46's and trying to get info from 3 guys who stated that they had owned M46s in the past.  Have not gotten any info or reply from those guys.
Typical from facebook.    I always got to try to find another one though. 

One fella, had a white M46.   I am hoping it was mine.  Would love to have some history on my car.   Or find another white M46, that would be cool to.   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

cuda hunter

I think, if I recall correctly that Fastlane did have this car for sale for a short time. 
After Al sold the car it got flipped a time or two. However I don't think there was a lot of money left on the car during those flips.  Then it went to fastlane and was there for a little while.  Then it went on ebay and disappeared into a garage somewhere in America, awaiting me to find it in 25 years and drag it out, all dusty and needing for a drive. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Mr Cuda

Cudahunter,  I like your confidence that you will be around in 25 years, to find another relic burid in some garage,  and go for a drive.
The numbers are on your side,  but the ticking  clock is real.

To all of us,  in general,
    Time is short,  do it now.

cuda hunter

Quote from: Mr Cuda on March 16, 2023, 06:44:47 AM
To all of us,  in general,
    Time is short,  do it now.

Isn't that the truth brother.

After all the covid mind control I decided that time is indeed short and have been trying to do everything I can that I have wanted to.  2020 I visited 32 states and 3 countries.  2021 I visited  24 states 4 countries.  2022 I only visited 15 states and 3 countries.    I primarily went to the states that the government and local government said we are not allowed to go to.  Like New York.      I don't like being told what to do.   Had to go do it as time is short. 

Now, as I travel across America I can see that people have gone insane from the lock downs. 
So far this year I have traveled 11 states and 3 countries so far.         
    People have gone insane.         I'm glad I'm so "regular" and "sane".   hahahahaha. 

All that time across the country and I didn't find an M46.  Just a few different personal junk yards that are available for parts here and there.
  Of course, the underlying car I'm looking for is a 71 cuda, R,U,V.  Of course.