Main Menu

Pics of B7 T/A Challengers

Started by erik70rt, February 03, 2022, 07:50:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: Jsand73440 on February 04, 2022, 07:28:54 PM
Would it be possible to get B7 without metallic? That would give it a deeper look?
It wouldn't really be B7, it would just be dark blue ...I'm sure there's lots of options there :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EV2RTSE

May as well throw in a pic of a 71 in GB7 since the R/T stripe is kinda sorta like the T/A

Jim AAR

Not a TA, just an AAR in B7...lol

erik70rt

Thanks you all for the pics.  I'm definitely liking the B7 over the LL1 I was thinking about.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Flatdad

Is '71 GB7 the same shade as '70 EB7? I know the B5's changed quite a bit.

packnsix

Might as well put mine out there...

chargerdon

I bought a 72 Charger in B7...brand new with black full vinyl top with the matching interior.    It was gorgeous !!   

Back in 72 if my memory is correct on the Charger it was called Electric Blue.  And yes it had a heavy metallic finish...

EV2RTSE

Quote from: Flatdad on February 07, 2022, 05:43:06 AM
Is '71 GB7 the same shade as '70 EB7? I know the B5's changed quite a bit.

It looks like for 69 and 70 EB7, the PPG code was '2020 - Med Blue Poly' but for 71 GB7 it was '2302 - Dark Blue Poly'

Jsand73440

Is B7 also called Evening Blue (Plymouth)?

EV2RTSE

Jsand73440

I really like the B7 Evening Blue shade. It seems to be a little lighter than the 69-70 B7 shade, but darker than the B5.
If i paint my car B7, what side stripe or decals would look the best with the color and a black vinyl top? Thoughts?

erik70rt

Quote from: Jsand73440 on February 08, 2022, 05:52:43 PM
I really like the B7 Evening Blue shade. It seems to be a little lighter than the 69-70 B7 shade, but darker than the B5.
If i paint my car B7, what side stripe or decals would look the best with the color and a black vinyl top? Thoughts?

It's really what you prefer, but I'm going black stripes, top & interior.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

EV2RTSE

All kinds of possibilities. In the case of blue I really like the '3-color' cars.

anlauto

Don't forget B7 with blue stripes... :brainiac:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yup: B7 with blue stripes gets it. Personally I'm not a fan of B7, I would have kept my Hemi GTX if it was B5 rather than the dull B7. That's what makes the free world great though!
Sheldon