Main Menu

Black Ghost - Historic Vehicle Association

Started by SgtSuperbird, October 29, 2020, 05:03:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

chris NOS

Super video , passionate people , what a breath in 2020 when in Europe we hear only how gov' want to banned fossil car's motor in few years to come ...

JH27N0B

I got to see the car at MCACN, and it's always great to see an original owner car stay in the family and become a family heirloom!

Purepony

:thankyou:

What beautiful story ! Every car has a story

7212Mopar

Incredible. A HEMI Challenger made it in the National Historic Registry. Beautiful car and with a history legend behind it that befit a muscle car. Thank You for sharing.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

anlauto

I like the car, love the story....but in my opinion...it needs a full ground up restoration... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CNUMB

Great Story!! Awesome Challenger....Glad to see it make the registry!!

chris NOS

Quote from: anlauto on October 29, 2020, 11:42:36 AM
I like the car, love the story....but in my opinion...it needs a full ground up restoration... :alan2cents:
I don't agree for this car , if we are not keeping some in original paint , even with dent ,rocks chips ,scratch , in 30 years all the cars will be restored and we will miss those survivor !

anlauto

I understand people like survivors, I'm not a fan of dents and scratches everywhere. Personal preference that I know goes against the grain. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

If it was my dad's car he bequeathed me, I might talk to a paintless body repair guy to see if he could clean up some of the dings, I might also try a little black shoe polish on the wheels so the surface rust might be toned down.  Otherwise I wouldn't think of doing any major work on it.  That car must have the late father's fingerprints and dna all over it, all of which would be lost in a concours restoration!

gaddied

That car was on My car story with Lou.
It had his son and grand son in the story. A short but assume video.

7212Mopar

I can't resist and read the article again. Nice story and beautifully written. There is something about a black color car that makes it so mean looking and must had been a scene when it roamed the streets of Detroit back in the days. The car looks great as is and the son is taking care of it so it won't deteriorate further. May be one day it will get restored to its full glory. May be the owner will have Alan do it. May be he call Mark Worman to keep it in the US. Someone should reach out to the owner to join this forum.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

RUNCHARGER

Neat car: I would work out the dents using a paintless system and not worry about the rest. It would be just another restored car if you did anything else.
Sheldon