Main Menu

California Flooding

Started by R/T's 4 R/P, January 10, 2023, 05:41:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

R/T's 4 R/P

Anyone here impacted by the rain, flooding, etc?
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

7212Mopar

More rain forecast to come. So far I am ok, no power outage but there were a lot of traffics and road closures last week. Wind kicked up pretty high a couple of nights and a lot of small tree branches to be cleaned up at my backyard. I got two fairly good size redwood trees at the back and get you thinking seeing how the branches dance in the wind. Hoping for two more months of these to get us out of the drought.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Blowout

I'm down here in Merced area where it flooded yesterday. Town next door was completely under water and had to be evacuated.  Crazy hearing people talking about it at work and having to stay in hotels. We don't ever get rain here and it finally all came at once. Crazy.

tparker

Minor impact. Lost power for a couple days. Lost Internet for a few days after another storm. Lots of debris and one try leaning on a shed. But other than that ok

MoparLeo

It won't help the drought much here in California. Most of it ill just empty out into the ocean.
  The problem here is not lack of water but poor water management and especially lack of enough storage.
  None of the major water projects like more dams, dam improvements, underground storage etc... that has been held up in planning,
permits etc... because of the tree huggers have been built in the last 20 years.
  But we have spent $$$ billions on a bullet train that instead of going from Los Angeles to San Francisco as planned decades ago, will now
only go between Bakersfield ( population 408,000) and Merced (population 88,000), 119 miles.
  If everyone from Merced could get on the train daily and go to Bakersfield every day, it would take over 100 years to pay for itself./font]
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...