Main Menu

Nebraska Flooding

Started by Moparman82, March 23, 2019, 10:38:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Moparman82

I'm sure some of you are aware of the flooding that has happened here in Nebraska.  I stopped by a friends place today saw up close the damage.  I am lucky enough to live on high ground a few miles from the flooded areas so I wasn't effected.  5 years ago I met Dave, dave had an original 66 Hemi Belvedere with 800 miles on it, a 69.5 A12 superbee, 68 Dart GTS 383 4spd, and about a dozen other A & B body mopars.  He was interested in selling but I could afford anything he was selling hahaha.  Luckily, about 1.5 years ago a mopar Guy here in town came in and bought them all, and moved them to his collection.  Lucky for those mopars, because this was the scene at Dave's place todah.  My hand in at the waterline.  As you can see a sweet 440 ext cab short box tin grille was the only Mopar victim.
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

Cuda Cody

Hard to even imagine how much water that is even after seeing the photos.  :(

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

J-Code Jeni

The aerial view coupled with Dave's place show the damage across the region and close up. So sad... Hope your friend, Dave, recovers well.

What a collection Dave had! So glad the cars made it out prior.  :twothumbsup:

CudaMoparRay

The pictures show the incredible devastation floods can bring. Sorry for your friend Dave. 

Brads70

That's just horrible, my condolences. :('

ledphoot

Wow that's terrible! I had no idea, I haven't been watching the news / TV at all and had no idea.

Topcat

That's terrible exactly.

Heard about it and was wondering if some here were O.K. or not.

blown motor

I haven't been following the news, didn't know about this. So devastating!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

mopar thunder

That is so devastating and sad. Glad Bless everyone involved. I was surprised that I heard of it way before the news was broadcasting about it. Of course their stupid stuff was aired first.

Moparman82

There wasn't a lot of news coverage initially. At one point middle of last week four days after the flooding, I was on the phone with my parents who still live in California and they had no idea that it even happened.
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

cuda dad

That is just devastating.  There is just no way to prepare for something like that. 

js27

Just unbelievable damage and loss.  Nature shows no mercy. My friend is from Nebraska and stationed here in SC  but his family still lives there. Thank God they were lucky and had no flood damage to their home.
JS27

Chryco Psycho

Praying for all affected by this , terrible devastation , at least 1 million acres in the last update I read  :Thud:

71-440

That is unbelievable. Our prayers and thoughts go out to all those that were devastated by
the floods.
Joe