Main Menu

Canuk music

Started by gumby, April 09, 2018, 08:06:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gumby

one bad fish

One of the best Canadian bands ever!

RUNCHARGER

I may have some of their 8 tracks somewhere, I used to play them in the FM3 R/T.
Sheldon

gumby

72 Challenger

Chilliwack does the local fair scene now. I saw them in Shawville QC. It's a tiny town along the Ottawa River Valley. I saw another Canadian Icon at the Shawville Fair Stompin' Tom Connors. It was an awesome show.
Someday I will have a J0b.

Chryco Psycho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ym3RlvVR9M
There is a lot of bands that could be listed here ....
Rush
Mahongany Rush
Triumph
Headpins
Chrissy Steel
Street heart
Prism
BTO
Guess Who
Alexis on Fire
Lee Aaron
Crowbar
Stampeders
Harlequin
Steppenwolf
3 days Grace
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bands_from_Canada

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 09, 2018, 07:29:31 PM

Steppenwolf

Canada has lots of great bands but calling Steppenwolf Canadian is a mighty big stretch...

Without John Kay there would be no Steppenwolf & while he briefly lived in Canada he's hardly a Canadian....

He was born in 1944 behind the iron curtain,  When John was a baby in early 1945, his mother fled with him from the advancing Soviet troops but wound up trapped on the Soviet side, when he was five he & his mother escaped to Western Germany... They moved to Canada in 1958...

In 1965 John joined a group called "Sparrow"

John and a few other members moved to California in 1967 where Steppenwolf was born...

one bad fish

Quote from: 72 Challenger on April 09, 2018, 10:56:02 AM
Chilliwack does the local fair scene now. I saw them in Shawville QC. It's a tiny town along the Ottawa River Valley. I saw another Canadian Icon at the Shawville Fair Stompin' Tom Connors. It was an awesome show.

The Shawville fair! Wow! I went to high school in Shawville. Grew up down the road in Bryson. Have a farm in Litchfield. Plan to spend August-October there this year! The Shawville fair always has some great bands every September long weekend!

one bad fish

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 09, 2018, 08:26:35 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 09, 2018, 07:29:31 PM

Steppenwolf

Canada has lots of great bands but calling Steppenwolf Canadian is a mighty big stretch...

Without John Kay there would be no Steppenwolf & while he briefly lived in Canada he's hardly a Canadian....

He was born in 1944 behind the iron curtain,  When John was a baby in early 1945, his mother fled with him from the advancing Soviet troops but wound up trapped on the Soviet side, when he was five he & his mother escaped to Western Germany... They moved to Canada in 1958...

In 1965 John joined a group called "Sparrow"

John and a few other members moved to California in 1967 where Steppenwolf was born...

Original members were formally the Canadian rock band "Jack London and the Sparrows" from Oshawa Ontario. Of which two were Canadian and one was German/Canadian. They then went to LA where they recruited two other American musicians. They are referred to a Canadian/American rock band. Born to be wild was written by Dennis Edmonton, a Canadian, of the original group The Sparrows.

72 Challenger

Quote from: one bad fish on April 09, 2018, 08:47:12 PM
Quote from: 72 Challenger on April 09, 2018, 10:56:02 AM

The Shawville fair! Wow! I went to high school in Shawville. Grew up down the road in Bryson. Have a farm in Litchfield. Plan to spend August-October there this year! The Shawville fair always has some great bands every September long weekend!

@one bad fish my aunt has a cottage down in Pontiac Station very close to the Bristol Mine. I spend a lot of time in that area. It's not a hugely prosperous area but it's full of history! 
Someday I will have a J0b.

Cudajason

ahheemmmm...Tragically Hip.

The others are certainly ok, I listen to most of them growing up...but The HIP, are by far my favorite.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

JS29

Robbie Robertson from the-Band was from Canada if I am not mistaken!!   :canada:

anlauto

Hello....Celine Dion, Shania Twain....the list goes on...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Marc70challenger

Gordon Lightfoot, no ?

blown motor

Quote from: JS29 on April 10, 2018, 11:23:33 AM
Robbie Robertson from the-Band was from Canada if I am not mistaken!!   :canada:

That's right. He was from Toronto.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel