Main Menu

Challenger Clear vs Amber Front Parking/Turn Signal Lenses

Started by 71383bee, March 07, 2018, 10:12:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71383bee

I was hoping you guys could clear up a question i had regarding front park lenses.  I've noticed that you can get clear or amber replacements and was wondering if there was a year or option even to have clear vs amber.  I recall only seeing ambers but admit that i'm not familiar with all challengers. 

I also noticed that the correct bulb for a 73 challenger rallye was an 1157NA while the std. challenger was 1157 which is clear.  So it got me thinking was the rallye originally supposed to be clear with an amber bulb?

I attached the bulb chart from the 73 Body FSM. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

cataclysm80

Hmm, that's interesting about the bulb difference.
As far as I know, they were all amber lenses originally.

Chryco Psycho

IIRC the 70 Charger used the same lens & Charger was clear Chall was amber

71GranCoupe

HEMICUDA

70 Charger & Challenger were amber lenses, the clear lenses (at least on a Challenger) were on export cars.  Canada is not considered an export.

71GranCoupe

Quote from: HEMICUDA on March 07, 2018, 12:11:12 PM
70 Charger & Challenger were amber lenses, the clear lenses (at least on a Challenger) were on export cars.  Canada is not considered an export.

Interesting, that should "clear" things up.

71383bee

I'll Say!

Well its not a huge deal.  I ordered amber lenses as mine are due for replacement.  Just was wondering out loud.  I do find it curious the rallye bulb is specified as an amber bulb vs clear.  Is there a big deal if its amber?  I would think it wouldn't make much difference behind an amber lense.  May actually be darker i surmise

73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon