Main Menu

Cool 1 owner Barracuda at a local cruise

Started by JH27N0B, July 01, 2018, 09:24:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

This weekend was a bit of a bust at the local cruises.  Hot and muggy with 100+ heat indexes caused many to wimp out and sit at home in front of the AC or go to the pool.  But Saturday I decided to sweat it out and drove my convertible to the evening cruise at Lombard IL.  Usually it's pretty packed there but the attendance was probably 2/3rd of what it would have been if it was 10 degrees cooler this weekend.
But a very cool Barracuda showed up that by itself made the trip worthwhile.
'67 Formula S 383 original owner with less than 5000 miles!
The owner raced it for several years therefore most of those miles were put on 1/4 mile at a time.  He got it out of storage a few years back and had it repainted, and made streetable (it had race markings on it), but soon after he got laid up fighting the big C.  He and the car are back and better than ever this year!
He says the interior is all original.
I had my top down, but on the way home I tried out my recently restored and reinstalled AC, and even with the top down it was nice having cold air blasting out of the ducts!  :D

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

RzeroB

That's sweet!  :bigthumb:  I have a soft spot for those Gen II Barracuda fastbacks!  :yes:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Chryco Psycho

Brads70

Cool car, really nice to see them driven!  :bradsthumb:

mopar thunder

What a nice story... good for him. What a nice looking Barracuda.  Very low miles.... a very nice piece.

RUNCHARGER

That i great. I love to see that, I hope he puts on another 50,000 miles.
Sheldon