Main Menu

Cool Story, A Marine's Dream Comes True....

Started by 1 Wild R/T, November 06, 2018, 08:37:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

wldgtx

I think you may be missing my point.  It's just a car and he can change his mind if he wants... It's not like he was on rear security detail and decided to sell secrets to the enemy.

Quote from: HP_Cuda on November 12, 2018, 01:24:52 PM

"Oh, yeah! There is not ever gunna' be a day when I'll even think about selling this car."

I guess you think words don't have meaning.

Later flipper  :haha:

Quote from: wldgtx on November 12, 2018, 04:38:10 AM
Quote from: HP_Cuda on November 06, 2018, 11:48:13 AM

Wow, so much for those words eh?

Integrity and Character are long dead apparently.

You are using words like integrity and character when referencing a car?  SMH...
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

HP_Cuda

He certainly can change his mind but it seems I won't change my mind on him.

I've heard this story so much that its quite sad and commonplace that folks look for a quick buck.

Let me give you some history. If you read the 7 Habits of Highly effective people Steven Covey points out that in the first 50 years of the 20th Century in the US books were written about Character and Integrity and in the latter half to date have been written about get quick rich schemes and all about self. When someone's word means nothing where does that leave you?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

1 Wild R/T

The man who took his car off the market & sold it to a Marine because "it's always been the Marines dream car & he'll never sell it" doesn't want to hear the Marine didn't hold up his end of the bargain.....

I posted this because I can appreciate the man who decided life isn't always about the money, so he helped a man who serves in the Marines fulfill his dream....  He could & at this point clearly should have told the Marine life is tough....  But he didn't....

And the Marine flips the car.... Yes it's his to do with as he pleases once he owns it.... But that don't make it right....    Go ahead, tell me I don't know the Marines circumstances.....  IMO it doesn't matter... Everyone I know has had tough things happen,  you find a way to save your "dream".... You sell something less important...

wldgtx

I will be honest, I don't give a shit.  I don't have a horse in this race.

Preach on
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

dodj

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 13, 2018, 06:57:02 PM
And the Marine flips the car....   
If I was a Marine...this would really piss me off.........after tugging on the guys heart strings to sell it to him.

The seller learned a lesson......don't let emotion get involved in a business transaction. Like the Godfather said...It's not personal...it's business.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jimynick

Pretty hard to walk in another guy's shoes and there's a story here that none of us is privy to. Maybe he did flip it, maybe he didn't and had to sell it- who knows and without corroboration I'm not prepared to throw the first stone. I don't like the emotional pressure described in the initial buy, but by the same token, maybe it WAS heartfelt at the time. Since the cars buyer is apparently known, why not ask him and see what he says; then get offended if the seller was deceiving everybody. Just my  :alan2cents:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"