Main Menu

'cuda Hood Pin Lanyard routing

Started by cuda dad, June 04, 2017, 08:14:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda dad

It seems that most folks route the hood pin cables over the signal and out through the grill at the top next to the signal lamp.  Take a look at these images and decide for yourselves.

71GranCoupe

Thanks Mike, I will be using the info on my project when i get to that point of reassembly.  :slapme5:

Cuda Cody

Is the length the same on Cuda vs Challenger?

cuda dad

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 04, 2017, 02:42:00 PM
Is the length the same on Cuda vs Challenger?
23" on a 'cuda.  I have never owned a Challenger but I think they are 18."

Claudia

'71 Cuda had 23" lanyards . . . not sure about other year Cuda's.

usraptor

Cuda70-74

I always like reading the old car features articles because they made the simplest stuff sound cool
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

screamindriver

That pre-production cuda has a bunch of anomalies compared to the actual production  models...One of the 1970 advertisements show a Gran Coupe badged vehicle with a shaker being driven on the road...Here's another advertisement showing the hood pin lanyards with the same routing ...This one is hanging in my shop...

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

usraptor

Here's two pictures of my first '70 Cuda (taken in 1970)(one a close up) that I factory ordered with hood pins that shows how the lanyards were installed at the factory.  They exit the  the top slot of the grille just inside the the turn signal.

6bblgt

@usraptor  do you have any specifics about your first 'cuda?

any VIN and/or fender tag info?
ordered from what dealer?
when did you take delivery?

thanks,  Dan

usraptor

Dan, sorry, I don't have any fender tag or vin info.  I ordered it in Oct' 1969 and took delivery in Nov of '69.  I paid $4200 out the door, tax and license.  I tried for several years to locate the car again but was never successful as I didn't keep the VIN # or insurance paperwork.  :pullinghair: :headbang:  Keep it approx three years and sold it for $2800 with approx 28K miles on the clock.  If I only knew then what we know now about those cars.   :pullinghair:
It had a 383 Magnum, Hemi 4-speed, 3:55 traction lock year end.  It had A/C but no PS.  Had power disc brakes and I ordered it with 15" Goodyear polyglas tires (E60X15s) with steelie rims and dog dish hubcaps because I knew I was going to put mag wheels on it as soon as I took delivery.  It had the Rallye Dash, AM/FM Stereo multi-plex radio with rear speakers and fader switch.  Rear window defogger, and center console.  As you can see in the pic it was triple black and had hood pins.
I don't remember the dealers name, they're now out of business.  They were a Plymouth dealer in South Los Angeles near the Harbor Freeway, maybe on Western Ave but I'm not sure.

6bblgt

closest I know/heard of would be BS23N0E109082 - CA black 4-speed with gauges & FAKE fender tag, was on eBay 2011

scheduled 10/02/69 - so, maybe a little early  :dunno:

6bblgt

usraptor

Thanks, the names don't ring a bell however based on my memory of how I got there it was either Bank Motors on Manchester or Hager-Halberman on Figueroa.  However, I'm leaning real heavy towards Bank Motors.   :notsure:  I remember I drove south on the Harbor Freeway and then West a few blocks.  :thinking: