Main Menu

Did this Cuda get fixed ?

Started by anlauto, April 09, 2017, 05:45:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Does anybody know the story of this 340 Cuda convertible ? :dunno:
I believe it was in Western Canada at one point. :thinking:

A while back I was contacted about restoring it, and was sent these two pictures. I often wondered what happened to the car? If it was sold ? or if it was fixed ? :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rev-It-Up

That's fixable?? That frame has to be torqued! Wow!
Rev-It-Up

blown motor

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on April 09, 2017, 06:26:07 AM

Alan can fix anything that you can pay for.   :))
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

1 Wild R/T

It took quite a shot but even so for it to have buckled like that I'm thinking it was a rusty car to start with....

anlauto

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on April 09, 2017, 06:26:07 AM

Anything is fixable :tool:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

Wonder what the back story is on the accident?  Hope everyone was okay.

Looks like it was semi-restored (or at least a quick paint job) because of the over spray on the K member.  Hope someone gets it back on the road.  Very cool car.   :burnout:

RUNCHARGER

Still waiting to be repaired. It started out as a pretty nice car when I first seen it around 1985 or so. The guy wrecked it back then and spent about 10 years getting it back on the road. Then shortly after it was on the road again he drove off the road into the diitch of a crossroad as I recall and stuffed the nose as seen here. Original Lemon Twist, 340 4 speed car. A friend of mine owns it (he bought it off the guy that wrecked it). I believe the driver had been consuming a few pops at the drag strip before attempting driving home and survived okay, I told Gerhard to use a hardtop donor to repair it but these day I would save it with AMD stuff. I gave him a few recommendations of pro guys to at least make sure it was welded up nice and straight this time.
Sheldon

anlauto

Sheldon, I was hoping you might know the car. I hope my name was on the list of guys that could restore it.
Also if you friend might want to sell it as is...he should reach out to me again. :alan2cents: :drinkingbud:

RUNCHARGER

Alan: I'm going up there in a few weeks, I'll see if I have time to look Gerhardt up. It would be a good car for me too (even though it's not a Challenger), but Gerhardt doesn't sell much. The upside is if he does it, he'll do a proper job on it.
Sheldon

JS29

It looks like even the quarter panel is buckled!!! witch tells me that whole car is u shaped. you would have to buy almost every panel AMD makes, get A frame table, and basically build your own car. with that being said would that not constitute A re-body? or is A re-body utilizing A preexisting car?  :dunno: :alan2cents: 

RUNCHARGER

It depends how solid it is I think. If it was fairly solid a pull on a frame machine can do wonders. It seems to me it was patched already though, I have never inspected it in person however. I also think it isn't the original engine but I could be wrong on that. If it is matching #'s it would help a lot in making a quality resto worth it. It's a real 340, 4 speed convt. so it has to be restored no matter what.
Sheldon

JS29

My frame machine is set up for pinch weld clamps, those rocker panels are bent in A U. the perimeter clamps need to have something somewhat straight to bolt down on the table. if I had it in front of me I would give it the old collage try!!! :wrenching:   

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 09, 2017, 08:57:26 AMit was on the road again he drove off the road into the diitch of a crossroad as I recall and stuffed the nose as seen here.

Well that explains why the rails went up like they did... I'd still want to inspect it but it might not be a rusty car after all....

RUNCHARGER

I remember the guy who crashed it was a bit of a belligerent sort. He must have got a heck of a deal on yellow paint when he did the car the first time though. Those front tires couldn't have been on it when he shortened it, I wonder if the tires that were on it were painted yellow as well.
Sheldon