Main Menu

Can it be fixed?

Started by nsmall, April 28, 2017, 06:37:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

UPS packaged this heater box that I won on eBay.  Not sure if they're going to give me a refund or what's going to happen but can it be repaired?  It was in perfect condition when it was sent. :'( :pullinghair:

nsmall

Nevermind I'm just going to go ahead and try to repair it as they  are too expensive to try to find again on eBay for a good deal.

I have no idea how UPS does returns but I do know an excellent fiberglass expert.  Hopefully they can give me some money as the guys going to probably charge me 100 bucks

Topcat

Sorry to hear this happened.

It's happened to SoundControl and myself as well.

When you ship stuff like this, you have to make it Gorilla proof.

71GranCoupe

That one looks like it was tossed from the truck as they drove by.  :headbang:  As hard as they are to find, if me, I would look for another one. The amount of broken areas may be a little much on saving it.  :alan2cents:

Bullitt-

I seen some repoped pieces ...

for standard heater...looks like just the side you see
http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/me1654.html
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

jimynick

If it were me, I'd be looking at that repop seriously as the one you've got now is a mess and if the guy can/will fix it for $100, he's screwing himself since it'll take days to try it and then there's no guarantees either. Your car, your call.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cuda Cody

That's a big bummer.   :steamingmad:  Nobody wins in these situations.   :'(   Was it packaged well?  Have you contacted the seller to get his thoughts on it?

That box looks pretty fubar'd pretty bad.  I think I would be looking for another one or get the repopped case and transfer what you need.

HUSTLESTUFF

I would turn it in to UPS for damage since the store packaged it.  It would at least pay for repairs.  I have a few laying around.  LMK if you want one.  I would disassemble and ship core and condenser separate to keep weight down.  Mike

Edit I only have a/c boxes. Sorry

ec_co

if the UPS store packaged it, then they are liable for the damage (item cost + shipping costs). this is one way UPS uses to get out of liability is blaming the sender on self-packaging that was inadequate, they can't say this if UPS itself did it. it generally takes 4-6 weeks to see a refund, sometimes longer. file a claim ASAP.

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

soundcontrol

Yes, mine was crushed also, I am going to try to fix it at least before I order the new case. I got money back from the seller and kept the broken one, I was happy with that. I ordered some special glue (Eastwood have it also) and I'm still waiting for it.

nsmall

Yes UPS packaged the heater.

I'll stop by today and see what they say.  Can I keep the box or do I have to surrender it?

Thanks

Cuda Cody

Get your money back for sure.  :yes:

anlauto

If you get all your money back, who cares if you have to surrender it ? It's junk :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

@Bullitt-

Ive been looking at the classic industry repop. There is only one picture.  Any idea if it is complete and I would just add the vent and other missing components?

Thanks

Neil

Bullitt-

Your seeing what I'm seeing... :dunno:  appears to just be what I'll call the front side.. 
Y1 & Dante's both have the same item they refer to it as "E-Body Heater Core Housing"   

https://dantesparts.com/shop/mopar-catalog/heating-and-cooling-mopar-catalog/mopar-heater-core-housing-6623-e-body-heater-core-housing/

If it matters contact one of the vendors with the question.
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]